DieHard Gold Battery or Interstate Mega tron plus? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My Interstate Mega-Tron Plus finally gave up in the single digit temps we have been experiencing. It lasted a couple months short of 10 years. I did inspect it at least a few times a year, topping off the water with distilled water when needed, and trickle charging occasionally in the winters. I would get another Mega-tron Plus without question. But...I decided to go with a Advance Auto AutoCraft Platinum AGM 24R ($146 out the door with core refunded / $50 coupon). A tad more than another Megatron Plus. I hope I made a good choice. :hillbilly:

My Interstate Mega-Tron Plus finally gave up in the single digit temps we have been experiencing. It lasted a couple months short of 10 years. I did inspect it at least a few times a year, topping off the water with distilled water when needed, and trickle charging occasionally in the winters. I would get another Mega-tron Plus without question. But...I decided to go with a Advance Auto AutoCraft Platinum AGM 24R ($146 out the door with core refunded / $50 coupon). A tad more than another Megatron Plus. I hope I made a good choice. :hillbilly:
Wow, ten years![emoji123]

I have had terrible luck with Advance Auto AutoCrap batteries, had to return three of them on my wife's car before we finally gave up on the warranty and just bought a different battery. FWIW, warranty returns are no-questions-asked. Hope it works out better for you!

I have had terrible luck with Advance Auto AutoCrap batteries, had to return three of them on my wife's car before we finally gave up on the warranty and just bought a different battery. FWIW, warranty returns are no-questions-asked. Hope it works out better for you!
I and friends have had great luck with the advance auto gold batteries. As far as the lower grade I've heard mixed.

The Duracell batteries from Sam's Club are great and cheap. I have a 24f in my 80 for about 6yrs now.

Interstate site is recommending the 24F, not the 27 for a '94.

I've got a 5 1/2 year old Diehard Platinum as main and an even older Optima Yellow top as my secondary battery. Secondary battery powers the fridge, radios, winch, roof rack lights, etc. Both need replacing. I know a lot of folks don't like the Optima's. Let's not go there - Costco carried them a long long time ago - I figure that battery is at least 8 years old.. Costco's website doesn't list car batteries at all.

I'd rather not have to drop $500 for two new Diehard Platinum's.

Maintenance free and batteries to stand up to the riggers of offroad vibrations would be good. Deep cycle on the secondary battery is also good as desert heat drains batteries with a fridge going pretty quickly.

Recommendations?

Interstate site is recommending the 24F, not the 27 for a '94.

I've got a 5 1/2 year old Diehard Platinum as main and an even older Optima Yellow top as my secondary battery. Secondary battery powers the fridge, radios, winch, roof rack lights, etc. Both need replacing. I know a lot of folks don't like the Optima's. Let's not go there - Costco carried them a long long time ago - I figure that battery is at least 8 years old.. Costco's website doesn't list car batteries at all.

I'd rather not have to drop $500 for two new Diehard Platinum's.

Maintenance free and batteries to stand up to the riggers of offroad vibrations would be good. Deep cycle on the secondary battery is also good as desert heat drains batteries with a fridge going pretty quickly.

Recommendations?

My local interstate battery house has 27F blems for $45+ 2 yr warr. I'm gonna try them to see how I like them. A new MTP-27F goes for $137 here in Abq. I was thinking of a 24F interstate from Costco for around $100 but I wanted slightly larger cap. I've resigned myself to making battery swap every couple of years.

Was just at my local Costco - no car batteries at all in store...unless they've got them out in the tire area now. They used to be in the warehouse itself.

They keep them in the tire shop.

I had a old F250 with an Interstate that lasted about 9 years, great battery. I bought another one that was done in a little over a year. I don't know what happened, but it prompted me to move over to Diehard Platinum. I run them in everything now and they've been a rock solid battery. The new diesel has two that get beat with glow plug and starter amps and it's going to be 4 years soon. AGM's are the way to go now.

Interstate batteries was a customer of mine. I roofed their new plant/distribution center in Dallas. They gave me batteries for all of my work trucks for free and Optima Red Tops for my 80 and 40. The Red Top lasted 8 years in my 80 (four in the Texas heat and four in cold Iowa winters). I took it in and replaced it with a new Red Top for free. It pays to know people. ;)

Even if I wasn't getting them for free I'd buy Interstate Batteries. Great company. Great service.

Good to know that Costco now sells Interstate batteries. I guess I know where my next battery will come from. I've had great luck both with Interstate and Costco.

I second the Interstate MTP 27F. My 100 series had a new Super Start battery when i got it and within 4 months and this Northern New Hampshire winter this year it completely died in my driveway. Granted we ranged from 18 degrees to -20 for a solid 10 days but a brand new cheap battery was done. Went with the Interstate MTP - 27F and last week it was brutally cold and started right up.

This is an old thread to bring back.
I'm going to toss Excide out there as a good battery.

Bought my interstate 2 years ago..flawless.. UltraGauge ticks off 14 plus, even if its been sitting a few weeks. Wonderful battery.

I was sure to purchase one with a very recent manufacture date and am satisfied.

Yup, just got a blem Group 27F Interstate MT+ for $45, good for another three years of pure heartless abuse, like the biotch she is.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom