Did your 1" body lift ruin your ride? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm considering a 1" body lift to help clear the new motor I'm swapping in from hitting the hood. I currently have a Dobinsons 2" lift installed. As the title states, did anyone notice any ill effects in driving after the install? I only ask because after I did a 1" body lift on a 4runner the body sway was so unbearable it made the truck feel unsafe.

I’ve got about 1.5” no noticeable change.

i did a 1.5 on my old red truck and never even noticed it. i have a new 1 inch sitting on the shelf at the shop i might install one day.

I've got a 3" BL, you would never know its there.

Last edited:
I have a 1" on mine and all it did was allow me to run bigger tires... No noticeable change in how it drives.

I did not have an issue with the steering shaft binding but I did have to adjust my transfer case lever and the transmission shifter to get them to work again. After the lift my truck keep popping into neutral until I adjusted things. All good now.

I also lowered the radiator an inch to get it back centered on the fan. I don't think it's an absolute requirement but it made me feel better.

yeah no issues on my end, but transmission shifter adjustment.

I’ve got 2” with no problem

You’ll need to work out an extension for the Tcase shifter linkage

4Crawler 1” body lifts, 4” suspensions lifts and 37mt on mine, it’s been on since 2010 no problem at all. Get the aluminum puck for the one by the exhaust down tube. Keep an eye on engine wiring harness by the EGR pipe. As you lift the body it might rub the EGR pipe !!!

Get the aluminum puck for the one by the exhaust down tube. Keep an eye on engine wiring harness by the EGR pipe. As you lift the body it might rub the EGR pipe !!!

Great info! Luckily I'm swapping in a v8 and am doing a custom exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom