Did you ride today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

balmy -20c (-31 with wind chill). at least it’s sunny!! my 9 year old daughter said she wanted to go for a ride! only about 4km but that’s not bad for her first winter fat bike ride!!
F0F40233-A66E-4B64-AEFC-0237F009E2CB.jpeg
354CE3EA-CD5C-4E5C-9F62-3A3A386E54AB.jpeg

2nd ride out on the fatty. Getting things dialed in. This thing is a blast to ride! Snow conditions were great and this was the only dirt around. I’m thinking I can get near 30 miles and 4K ft elevation gain once I get the legs back.
10459CE8-20A1-4AA4-BE82-63AD36285472.png

A3CC1C97-3C92-49F4-A10A-38023C7557DD.png

Yep, quick 34 miles to Cooks Corner.

yep. hit the soft stuff!! 🤣
SEND IT! LOL, good stuff, my first snow ride a few weeks back was rough and I went down a dozen times going off the hard pack trail into 3+ feet of snow. Kicked my ass by end of day but I was laughing my ass off the whole way. Not sure I have many options to launch on the fresh snow but sure will try if I find one!

Our first Wednesday Nighter of the 2023 season yesterday, year 14 for this shop ride. Two of us in the photo have been on this ride for that long.

IMG_20230316_133218.jpg

And back to the snow. Stopped in Estes after for the best cobb salad and DIPA ever after. Took a branch in they eye and got a flat so this is the best I could do. Guess I could post the picture of the hole in my eye instead.
Missed the entertainment of "frozen dead guy". Maybe next year...
FF11DBB6-1A72-4739-9EC3-D20DD4D30B2F.png

74DBAC92-90C2-474A-9C64-256BDE5C2A18.jpeg

Reminder to WEAR YOUR F-ING HELMET!!!

The bike in the pictures is a friend of mines. He was in front of the another guy I know riding along the shoulder of a rural 2 lane highway, when a car drifted into them after the driver checked her cellphone (her testimony and confirmed by phone digital metrics). There is even less of the other bike remaining, and unfortunately that rider did not survive. My friend got away with broken arm & ribs, punctured lung, and a concussion (his new wave cell helmet saved him per the ICU Doc).

IMG_7984.jpeg

IMG_7985.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

IMG_7987.jpeg

shoot man!! so sorry to hear about your friend and fellow rider. that’s such terrible news. i hope for a good recovery for the survivor. that’s just an all round crapy place for everyone involved.

That’s terrible. I’m so sorry. Road riding is definitely risky it seems with distracted drivers.

All the hardcore riders and former pros down here are all off road now.

They too have seen too many people get toasted.

My condolences.

That’s terrible. I’m so sorry. Road riding is definitely risky it seems with distracted drivers.

All the hardcore riders and former pros down here are all off road now.

They too have seen too many people get toasted.

My condolences.

Raced and worked in the industry for 30 years; only ride mountain now.
Some mixed surface but not much straight road riding.
This used to not be such an issue, but with phones, it’s a major problem.

Always wear a lid!
My condolences also.

It’s a nice evening. I thought I would do a short pedal for your friend!
Need to wrap the H-bar trying some super wide 480 Sim works fog cutters slow the steering down a bit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom