Did you ride today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Easy 22mi pre-dinner spin with my wife...think I FINALLY have my Calfee dialed in after a complete drivetrain swap and a couple days of flats/tire issues.

IMG_7636.jpg

that’s such a cool bike.
Thank you! I’ve had it since 2013 and honestly had nothing but problems keeping it tuned with the cables running along the tubes and catching on the nodes. Got to the point the only way to shift to my big chainring was to reach down and pull the cable to manually “force” the shift. Once AXS got more available, I picked up a full groupo to ditch cables without needing to worry about routing of battery cables for Di2. Nice to have it back on the road as it’s a different feel than my carbon or titanium frames.

Showed a friend a route around East Redding….59.3miles on my Calfee today

what do you think the problem with the cables was? does the bamboo expand and shrink?
Slight shrink/swell and the actual nodes of the bamboo - as it's "mostly straight" but has the "bumps" at the nodes.

This picture is when I first built it and trying to show the BB, but you can see the waiver in the tube and it kinda shows the cables hitting the node. Would have been easily avoided with some type of cable guides:
IMG_0846.JPG

Out for another 41.3mi/2790' today - up to Shasta Dam...
IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

Discless dirt Road bIke.35mm Rene Herse ultralight measures 38. Proper pave’ bike. Yes for those with a good eye needs spacer under top cap fresh build.
And not a slam that stem Bartoli poser rig.
4685836C-4C8F-4B70-9047-06FB0964F204.jpeg
EA8EB472-E8E3-4B47-8C43-648D527909AD.jpeg
D2A0F115-F6B6-48B3-BA51-9F4BD83841B6.jpeg
0EF2E29C-012A-47BE-8C0E-96197A7416AB.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll see your beautiful desert and match you with a gorgeous pacific ocean.
20221206_100940.jpg
20221206_100927.jpg

I see your desert riding (& your beautiful Pacific Ocean) and match it with....um...nothing but envy!!

Yes! 50-60 degrees (start and at finish) I normally ride end of day, so not used to it getting warmer as I ride lol

Guess I’ve forgotten to drop in for a while. Had an errand to run in Capistrano last Tuesday, so I threw the rack on the truck and went for an early ride.
1672026623966.jpeg

The Tressles, south of San Clemente, a dome of San Onofre nuclear power plant in the background.

Hoping to do this ride from Oceanside next month. Lots of little eateries to try out in SC, and the 22 miles it takes to get there should be good for the appetite.😋

Happy new year! This thread is great motivation for getting back in the saddle. Been busy and and haven't gone for a spin in awhile. It's crazy how fast 1 week can turn into 3 months.

Hit 5k for last year, didn't really have a goal, until about Oct./Nov. when I noticed I was close. Rode a couple short rides the last two days as the weather/trails have been cooperating. I need to find some good gravel routes for this spring and get out for longer rides as our trails don't always cooperate, its heavily frowned upon to ride muddy trails here.

Nice! I live in a mountain area too, but once the white stuff starts falling, I’m shut out for several months. Still managed over 5500 last year and lots of climbing. I was happy considering the weather (I’d just assume ski in the winter months), and trying to figure out what my knee reconstruction will actually tolerate.

bottomlime, any miles beats sitting on your a$$ eating/surfing/drinking and I LOVE my bourbon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom