Did this guy put his seal in backwards...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

@ 26:51

Pertaining to the rear inner bearing seal.

He puts it in like this:

IMG_7853.jpg

When I believe its suppose to be like this:

rear_inner bearings seal removal.JPG

Discuss.

IMG_7852.jpg

Last edited:
Looks right to me. Using a claw hammer is pretty crude.

So what you two are saying is this is correct (how he is doing it in the video):

IMG_7853.jpg

And this is incorrect (how i found mine after pulling it apart)?

IMG_7852.jpg

Because I'm almost 100% certain its the other way around and the guy in the video did it wrong.

Here's another video and some photo of how its suppose to be I believe:

rear_inner bearings seal removal.JPG

Last edited:
Silver side goes towards the bearing. Both for the front hub seal and the rear hub seal.
The rear hub seal has a protruding lip that fits very nicely over the base of the spindle. The front hub seal is flush.

Oh hey, there is a pics and a video that plays now. Lol. Yeah, it’s backwards.

I thought you were talking about the basically useless seal that goes on the end of the spindle. (Missing on video thumbnail)

Oh hey, there is a pics and a video that plays now. Lol. Yeah, it’s backwards.

I thought you were talking about the basically useless seal that goes on the end of the spindle. (Missing on video thumbnail)
And you call yourself thecabledude! LOL (video has worked all day here)

Not sure, if it was for a disk break set up, I'd say Yes, but with the rear drums, I just don't know.

Silver side goes towards the bearing. Both for the front hub seal and the rear hub seal.
The rear hub seal has a protruding lip that fits very nicely over the base of the spindle. The front hub seal is flush.
Thank you, that's what I thought as well. So the guy in the video above put it in backwards. Ouch.

@Perfected
what am I missing, both videos you posted look like they are tapping in the seals correctly.

@Perfected
what am I missing, both videos you posted look like they are tapping in the seals correctly.
The rubber lip is installed facing out. It seals against the base of the spindle. The guy in the video taps it in with the seal facing inwards toward the bearing.

@Perfected

The rubber lip is installed facing out. It seals against the base of the spindle. The guy in the video taps it in with the seal facing inwards toward the bearing.
Refer to @jonheld and @thatcabledude 's comments.

Not sure, if it was for a disk break set up, I'd say Yes, but with the rear drums, I just don't know.

That is a rear disk brake and agree that the seal is installed incorrectly in the referenced video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom