Did the '76 FJ40 have head rests? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1970 FJ40 Headrest

When I removed original metal seat backs (40/60) for repainting on my 1970 FJ40 that I have only owned for one year, I was very happy to find that they have post holes and post guides hardware installed. Now only need to find a set that they someone would like to part with.

When I removed original metal seat backs (40/60) for repainting on my 1970 FJ40 that I have only owned for one year, I was very happy to find that they have post holes and post guides hardware installed. Now only need to find a set that they someone would like to part with.

I lucked out and found a set. They popped right in and make the rig look better.

That is the way they came. Curious how long you have owned your 76? I bought 74 seats to put in my 68 and they had the plugs but that was when the seats were less then ten years old. My 76 just has the holes with no plugs but it was over thirty years old before I bought. Most these plugs disappeared over the years. They simply slip in and out. Now should I try and find the plugs I pulled out of the 74 seats when I put in headrests to put into the 76 or just stick in headrests which much easier to find.:hmm:

I found my plugs while searching for something else. Thought I would post a couple pictures if the plugs.
IMG_0850.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom