Did removal of AHC pump cause VSC error? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a VSC warning light come on while my brother in law was borrowing my ‘05 LX. Went off the next day, Techstream showed a stored code for “center diff lock indicator”.
=> So one would assume it’s a diff lock switch issue

HOWEVER...
The day before the VSC light I removed the AHC pump/reservoir and unplugged the connectors to the pump sensors. As background, several months ago I converted to LC springs & shocks and the AHC ECU has been unplugged with no issues thus far. I have been slowly removing the remainder of the AHC hardware (hoses, valves, etc) and finally yanked out the pump.

I figured with no ECU the pump & attached sensors had no effect on any other systems. Was the VSC light just a coincidence? Thoughts?

Sounds like a coincidence to me. I removed all of my AHC equipment and had no issues with the VSC warning light. I do have the little (Off) light flashing on the dash but I have hidden that with my Scan Gauge.

I do however, regularly get the VSC warning light with a code that appears every three months or so. I get a P0420 that I reset with my Scan Gauge which turns off the VSC light. That code is for the O2 sensor on the drive side, don't remember if its up or down stream.

So maybe check the codes?

There is one wire right by the pump that is the front right ABS sensor wire (grey connector I believe). I forgot to plug that back in after I pulled the pump and it was giving me ABS, VSC, VTRAC lights. Maybe just check those connections for continuity.

Thank you for the advice. I am also thinking it was a coincidence. I checked codes (found diff lock indicator fault and out of range post-cat O2 sensor) and after clearing all is well thus far. I will double check that ABS sensor wire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom