Did I screw up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1978 Fj40. I swapped front and rear differentials when I did the SOA. I was starting to put the rear differential (was the original front) and noticed there was no spacer on the center pin. I left it on the other differential. Did I mess up ? I have front axles in and buttoned up. Do I need to open the front again and remove the spacer??

1978 Fj40. I swapped front and rear differentials when I did the SOA. I was starting to put the rear differential (was the original front) and noticed there was no spacer on the center pin. I left it on the other differential. Did I mess up ? I have front axles in and buttoned up. Do I need to open the front again and remove the spacer??

Yes you did. If you leave out the spacer in the rear the axle shafts will move inward dropping the c-clips leading to the axle shafts coming out of the axle tube, along with the gear oil.

For sure
I have an additional spacer for the rear. Will it mess up the front if I leave it in the front?
Happy easter

For sure
I have an additional spacer for the rear. Will it mess up the front if I leave it in the front?
Happy easter

No. Toss it in the rear and run with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom