Did I order the right backspacing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered wheels / tires today. Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radials LT275/70R18 (33x11.50) and wheels were ProComp 18x9 with 5inch backspacing. The dealer I ordered from was originally worried about rubbing with the 5" backspacing but his colleagues were of mixed opinion (1 no, 1yes).

I went with the 5" backspacing because Mickey Thompson's website has a wheel fitment guide. For the FJ, the 17, 18, and 20 inch wheels, which they say will fit, all have a 5 inch backspacing.

Truck will have 3" OME. The same wheel is available in 4.5" backspacing and I can probably change the order within the next 24 hours. What do you think?

I'm thinking your gonna be close, stock wheels are 7 1/2" with .6 offset so right about 4" backspace, stock size tires your going to be an inch closer + 1/2 the increase in tire width + if you air down? how much room do you have now?

I believe your going to have to run spacers since the B.S. shoud have been 4.5 or less. I'm running 12.50x35 and I have 4.5 and it misses everything including the upper A-arm for that width of tire.

i also have wheels that are 4.53 backspacing and have plenty of clearence for 33x12.50r17 tire. no where nere the upper control arm still need to do the body mount chop.

Guess I should have posted before I ordered. :doh: Still dont have the wheels/tires yet , but I put my confidence in Mickey Thompson's specifications that these will fit. The consensus seems to be that 5 inch backspacing with 12.50 wide tires will rub; howver the 11.50 might not. We'll see soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom