Did I miss anything? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Well my valve cover gasket is leaking to the point where something needs to be done. I'm just about ready to call CDan and make an order. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything on my list. I know some of the items have nothing to do with the VCG, but they need to be changed anyway...

plugs, wires, cap, rotor, valve cover gasket, PCV valve, plug tube gasket, belts, rear panhard bushing, U-joints, Throttle body gasket,

The fan clutch is a couple years old (blue hub) so that should be fine and my plastic intake tube has been replaced. TIA!

Last edited:
Clean the throttle body while its off. Get some pipe cleaners for the little ports. Throttle body gasket.

I'd add:

-throttle body gasket
-coolant bypass hoses (one of them is formed)
-vacuum hoses (you can replace a bunch of the ones under the intake manifold)
-VSV for EGR (only if you need it, as it's pretty easy to access with the throttle body off)

:cheers:

I'd add:

-throttle body gasket
-coolant bypass hoses (one of them is formed)
-vacuum hoses (you can replace a bunch of the ones under the intake manifold)
-VSV for EGR (only if you need it, as it's pretty easy to access with the throttle body off)

:cheers:

Throttle body gasket would be needed... Didn't think of that one.
Vacuum hose would be cheaper buying generic, I would think.
VSV for EGR? You confused me...

Would the fuel filter be easier to access with the TB out of the way? Not sure where that is at off the top of my head.

The VSV for EGR is most people's main culprit for the P0401 code. I just mentioned it because when I removed my throttle body a few weeks back it looked really easy to get at the VSV. If you don't have the code popping up frequently then I wouldn't worry about it. The fuel filter is mounted below the lower half of the intake manifold so it won't be any easier unfortunately.

dont fix it if it isn't broke replaced my vsv while i was in there anyhow oops faulty part fixed and no codes the old one was working fine guess i got a back up yea spare parts
ps it was a oem part toyota was awesome in dealing with me

dont fix it if it isn't broke replaced my vsv while i was in there anyhow oops faulty part fixed and no codes the old one was working fine guess i got a back up yea spare parts
ps it was a oem part toyota was awesome in dealing with me

. . . . . . . ; ; ; , , , , , ! !

Please place appropriately. There's more where those came from so don't be afraid to use them and request more if needed.

-B-

. . . . . . . ; ; ; , , , , , ! !

Please place appropriately. There's more where those came from so don't be afraid to use them and request more if needed.

-B-

:lol::lol::lol: I love your answer! I wonder if that's how he talks!

a super charger couldn't hurt ;)

I don't think you would have said that if you've ever seen me wheel... That's a recipe for having a piston go through the block! :lol:

Just got off the phone with the parts guru himself. Thanks again, Dan. You are a God among men!

cdan2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom