Did I just find the highest mileage 100 series ever? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Unfortunately, it's wrecked.

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

If that's the LC, hate to see what the other vehicle looks like!

Man I’m seriously thinking of buying this beast and rebuilding it. It says these are actual mileage as well. I wonder if there is any other 100 series out there with higher mileage.

Also, is the previous owner on mud by any chance? If you are, feel free to say hi brother.

Do it. See how low they'll go and slowly get it on the road again. It can be like Lenin's body on display where they keep adding fresh parts...add some fresh parts...the franken cruiser!

Check and see if its on its original Timing Belt :)

Living in Colombia I saw more than a few 60’ (tons of the short ones too) with over a million kilometers

Keep in mind, no torque wrenches, no shop manuals, no spare parts not even mechanics that can read in any language, but hey they keep them running..

On and many of them where real “work horses” driving on fire roads/double tracks and overloaded to the gils for years on end..

they where also the go to vehicle for the “narcos” since they where practically unbrekable and handle very well in scary situations..

I guess that explain why I have one now..

So they just updated the title status on this one and unfortunately it has a certificate of destruction. What a shame man!

Just title it in a different state.

I will chip in a dollar for the re-build!

I don’t think it works that way. I think once a car has a certificate of destruction it’s only good for parts. It can not be registered or driven on the street. No matter the state.

I don’t think it works that way. I think once a car has a certificate of destruction it’s only good for parts. It can not be registered or driven on the street. No matter the state.

Not true, at least not in my situation. I have a Dodge Caravan and Toyota 4Runner from CA registered in Montana (for my mom and brother). Both were titled "salvage" (CA equivalent). Now both have permanent reg in Montana because in MT if your vehicle is older that 11 years you can have "perm" labeled plates. Also have perm plates on my LC100. Although, beware insurance in MT is just as high as it is here in CA, due to their very liberal DUI environment.

I think it can be upgraded to a rebuilt title if fixed and checked out by the DMV

That would be an awesome build to get it back on the road.

got the VIN? i'd love to pull a car fax on this thing.

Not true, at least not in my situation. I have a Dodge Caravan and Toyota 4Runner from CA registered in Montana (for my mom and brother). Both were titled "salvage" (CA equivalent). Now both have permanent reg in Montana because in MT if your vehicle is older that 11 years you can have "perm" labeled plates. Also have perm plates on my LC100. Although, beware insurance in MT is just as high as it is here in CA, due to their very liberal DUI environment.

I see what you mean, but this is not a salvage title. salvage title can be "rebuilt" and inspected. Each state calls this one differently as in certificate of destruction, CD, junk certificate, parts certificate, non-repairable title...etc. For example, in CA they call it a non-repairable certificate and in MT they call it parts-only title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom