Did green grease change to NLGI #1.5??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shopping for some green grease and noticed the new labels indicate it as NLGI #1.5 with the statement “Meets or exceeds most OEM performance requirements for NLGI #2 grease”

Old labels clearly stated it as NLGI #2, did something change or have there always been two types available?

23EC60B2-D683-4B12-B5D0-FAD7E8085323.jpeg

C86A03B1-D1F6-4A37-B573-4A8ECD812347.jpeg

Shopping for some green grease and noticed the new labels indicate it as NLGI #1.5 with the statement “Meets or exceeds most OEM performance requirements for NLGI #2 grease”

Old labels clearly stated it as NLGI #2, did something change or have there always been two types available?

View attachment 2382529

View attachment 2382530

Good question being a lover of Green Grease

I tried calling the number on the Omni Lubricants website but couldn't get through. Still curious if anyone out there has any info

Have folks tried Magnalube-G, it is a polyurea NGLI-2 lubricant with PTFE

I’ve been using this for my 100 series wheel bearings and spindle bearing/bush lubrication. I use the Magnalube GX which has 3% moly and PTFe for drive shaft and misc. chassis lubing. magnalube | Magnalube-GX

I just got a new tube of Green Grease at NAPA and it was NLGI #1.5, so maybe they did update the formula? I don't think it worries me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom