Did FJ40 have a 2 wheel Drive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I am a newbie and looking to buy my first FJ40. I saw a 1975 - FJ40 - modified - 2Wheel Drive for sale by a dealer in New Hampshire (I live in Boston). Are there 2WD in FJ40? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
1574262693630.png

Oh and welcome to the forum!

i had some pictures ... but... the best ones are from this thread... see page two:

... 1975 - FJ40 - modified - 2Wheel Drive for sale by a dealer in New Hampshire (I live in Boston). Are there 2WD in FJ40? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

[Monty Python mode]

Run away! Run away!

Hi All, I am a newbie and looking to buy my first FJ40. I saw a 1975 - FJ40 - modified - 2Wheel Drive for sale by a dealer in New Hampshire (I live in Boston). Are there 2WD in FJ40? Any advice is greatly appreciated. View attachment 2137853

You can’t possibly be thinking of buying that truck. It’s located about a mile from where I lived up until a week ago. Run like hell from this one. It’s a complete disaster. Especially for that price!

You can’t possibly be thinking of buying that truck. It’s located about a mile from where I lived up until a week ago. Run like hell from this one. It’s a complete disaster. Especially for that price!

What is the price he is asking ?

Last edited:
I stopped and looked at it a couple months ago and it was like $15k!!!!!

Edit: just found it on CL for $11,800

Enjoy the pics!

Thanks, I feel sellers like this cheapens the meaning of restoration. Also he calls it a masterpiece. Good luck.

Kill it with Fire!

I noticed there's no fire extinguisher inside.....and now I know why! Burn, baby, burn!

Sorry to be so blunt but I saw this POS in Greensboro, NC at the dealership where they were trying to sell it. The owners son butchered the truck, threw away the front wheel drive, trashed the tranny and transfer case, the fuel cell leaks, there isn't a speedometer, not sure if the serial number plate on the "A" pillar and the frame match, the front bumper is gone and the frame is cut badly. That is all I can remember although there was more wrong with it. They were asking $15k for it and it will take triple that much to repair the damage the child did to it.

It was sold it at the Greensboro Auto Auction last year for about $5k and it went to a dealer somewhere up north, MA I believe. I did contact the DMV there and warned them the serial numbers might not match. Said they would check into it but evidently they didn't.

Sorry to be so blunt but this one made me puke!

butchered 40.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom