Did anyone else see this pile of crap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My only concern with this 43 is obviously Bondo and rust. Plus the way the back doors fit on the bottom, there are not flush like ambulance doors should be. Not sure any hard top 43s made it out of Japan. The short wheel base ambulance doors on a hard top until 4/72. These appears to be a Columbian made top. Not clear if it hasn't been permanently attached around the A pillars. The dash could easily be solved by switching cowl which is fairly easy to do up 1/79. If this was a FJ40 would be an automatic pass. But the mid wheel base 40 were never imported by Toyota to North America. Even Australia Toyota biggest 40 series market only seen pictures of a few online. Think Europe get some. Columbia is where you seen most mid wheel base are coming from.
East Africa also got a fair few mid base ones. It's where I found my early '72 43.

East Africa also got a fair few mid base ones. It's where I found my early '72 43.

Was it a factory hard top? Plus the Middle had quite a few as well. Believe those were all soft top models. If I were to try and find one Middle East is most likely the market I would search.

Look like the top is Bondo to the body at pilar B

Screenshot_20230207_122609_com.android.chrome.jpg

Was it a factory hard top? Plus the Middle had quite a few as well. Believe those were all soft top models. If I were to try and find one Middle East is most likely the market I would search.
No, OE soft top with drop down tailgate. Middle East would be better for you since you want a LHD one. I drive on the original Toyota side of the road :)

I'm especially fond of running All Terrains & Mud Terrains at the same time.
Actually I think there are 3 different tires on it :confused:

What price would you guys pay for it? I know most of you wouldn’t even touch it, but what do you guys think it’s actually worth?

$2475.00
I just moved the decimal a bit because it has good seats, a nice steering wheel, 4 wagon wheels and a barn door spare tire carrier. It would cost a considerable amount to undo some of the “custom” touches. There is probably something else good under the hood but since it isn’t running it’s a gamble but someone will pay much more than I would.

I didn’t even realize it wasn’t even running. Wow.

I could see someone buying it for 10k

The dashboard will scare off most people - no gauges. I guess10k for someone who wanted to mess with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom