Did any 4x series come STD with 3 wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having a squiza at a 40 for sale in a car yard this morning and noticed 3 window wipers on the front , would this be a STD thing , it was a late 80s model with square bezel and padded dash and tacho unless it was put on during rebuild
3a07bbd1.jpg

yes they were on the non-usa market LX model BJ42 along with PS, AC, Tachometer, 5 speed manual, and a folding rear bench seat along with sliding rear windows.

If this thing has all of these its a rare rig but a shame they decked it out with all that chrome and painted the white top yellow. Darn, why do all the best cruisers go to people with money and terrible taste

I think the FJ40 LX also has 3 wipers, but the tacho would indicate a BJ42 LX. These also came standard in Aus with chrome wheels. Looks like a RHD from the pics, and it looks like the apron is missing the LX badge.. I'm curious what they are asking for it? (If you don't take it I'm looking for another one..)

Agreed lx models. None in USA that were not brought in years later. MIke

Hi All:

Yes, late production BJ42 LX (1983 & 84 IIRC) sold in Australia came with three windscreen wipers.

Regards,

Alan

X2 on the LX

I have had the pleasure of restoring to white LX FJ40s last year the first one is 1984 5 speed.

84lxcruiser5speed.jpg

The next one is 1982 4 speed

white82lx7032copy.jpg

they are a 6 seater heres what the seats in the back look like

white82lx7024copy.jpg

And I have just started a 1982 4 speed Mustard yellow one for this year no pics yet as its all stripped down and should be finished in about 6 months.

Cool thanks for the info guys,
It had a chev badge on the grill and was on gas (propane)
its right hand drive in Aus here and had a set of 15x10 rims so no std chrome rims ,not to sure on the price the caryard was closed when i had a look at it,it had a few spots of rust coming through,
3c223e04.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom