did '74 Fj40's have headrests? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my seats on my '74 FL40 were recovered by PO and are falling apart, and there are no headrests...should there be? Are there holes under the covers for head rests? How do they slide into seat? Single flat rectangle slider or 2 tubes? Anyone have any reccomendations for a 'stock looking' re-cover kit? how about a lead on hearests (if I am supposed to have them). If so, how difficult a job is it? Am I better off taking the seats to an upholstry shop?

any pics appretiated.

Thx!

Hi All:

Well, the stock FJ40 seats in my 11/73 FJ40 did have headrests, but there is an outside chance that the previous owner swapped these seats in from a '78 donor FJ40 he access to.

If the seats you have are trashed, consider swapping-in another pair of seats, from a wrecking yard car. Toyota Celica seats are supposely an easy swap into a FJ40. The Chevy Camero seats I used, though comfy, required a bit of custom fab work to mount into my FJ40.

Good luck!

Alan
Seattle

My wife says that the new seat upholstery from SOR was a piece of cake to do. She's volunteering to do it again and believe me, that speaks volumes!

74 will prolly have headrest, but 74 was a wierd year......some will have them, some will not. I have 3 1974 US fj40 brocures, 2 of the 3 show headrest, 1 doesn't. They are an odd looking headrest as well, kinda have a curve to them for your head to fit into......can't say I have seen those in person before.

then I show a canadian 73 with em.....US without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom