Dick Cepek Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyones tried Dick Cepek tires? i know they're common tires back in the days but how about now? do they do well still? i was looking at the Fun Country Kevlar. how are they on and off road?

sorry didnt know where to post it so thought of posting where people has more experience...

oki never mind... did some search here and found out that they rate pretty bad both off and on road except for snow and sand.

Actually, Cepek was bought out a year-two back and there "smaller" stuff is made by Cooper...their quality has gone up a great deal.

I'm getting a set of 285's Cepek F-C II's put on my 80 this morning, just saw the tires, they look great (very squared tread section)

Their big stuff IS the standard for snow.... check out the artictrucks.is (?) site for pics in action (glacier runnin...)

I agree with the F-C IIs, great looking tire and I have heard good reviews on it. I do know that my dad ran an older set of Cepeks on his 40 for years and they had decent traction and lasted quite a long time.

woody said:
Actually, Cepek was bought out a year-two back and there "smaller" stuff is made by Cooper...their quality has gone up a great deal.

I'm getting a set of 285's Cepek F-C II's put on my 80 this morning, just saw the tires, they look great (very squared tread section)

Their big stuff IS the standard for snow.... check out the artictrucks.is (?) site for pics in action (glacier runnin...)
Put some miles on them and then post up your likings(or dislikings). I like the tread and Cooper makes a good tire but I want to see how they wear.
G

I'd like to know how the FCIIs wear too. The local place that sells them is a 4wd shop not a tire store. The lady told me I should get the Swamper TRXus instead as the DC FCIIs wear very quickly. That would be very quick as the TRXus doesn't seem to last real long on daily drivers from what I've seen around here. But we don't have a large enough sample in Idaho to make real comparisons so I'm curious.

i heard Mickey Ts are pretty bad on pavement too, how bad would they be compared to Interco's tires? how are Mickey T's radial tires like the Baja Claw Radial and the Baja MTZ radials? are they any good?

I have an original set of 33" Fun Countrys- like 15 years old original. 3 are in good shape, one is worn about 1/2 way- just taking up space in the shop... you can just about have them.

poser pics of mine....
Dscn4375.jpg
Dscn4376.jpg
Dscn4377.jpg

Poser

whoa, as bad as everyone talks about "the damage multiplier" on the front of that 80, I'm surprised that you have one.

beaufort-fj60 said:
whoa, as bad as everyone talks about "the damage multiplier" on the front of that 80, I'm surprised that you have one.

I think they are only damage multipliers if you use the rig on the trail. I think they might actually save your butt from a deer. They certainly aren't going to make it worse.

ginericfj80 said:
I think they are only damage multipliers if you use the rig on the trail. I think they might actually save your butt from a deer. They certainly aren't going to make it worse.

I'd bet money the would make a deer and espeically an elk impact way worse! That crap will fold in and take out all kinds of stuff :eek:

deer catchers and FCii's

I agree, they do much more damage in a deer hit. Before the current past time of owning a 4x4 shop I ran a collision repair facility, a fender bender would turn into a front end tear off with a brush guard very quickly.

As for the FCII's, I sell a ton of them, we are putting them on anything from a typical street TJ in 31's to 33's up to the 305's on diesel Dodge 2500's. We are getting up to 40K with good rotation habits, properly sized rims (wide enough to keep the tread flat and the shoulders square) and good maintenance of the truck.

As for the new Mickey ATZ's and MTZ's, the ATZ's are getting good reviews so far, all have been installed on heavy trucks, Super Duty's and Dodges, 33's and 35's on 18 to 20 inch rims. They balance well, ride quiet and smooth but haven't been on long enough to get a milage figure. I can tell you they are heavy and have nice deep tread blocks. I would think something light might have an issue with sliding sideways with the big treadblocks and low void ratio on the ATZ's but have not had any reports to that affect yet. The MTZ's are so freaking wide, it's hard to find a buyer. I believe they are mostly a poser tire, not really for wheeling but for big street trucks to look tough. 15.5" wide is nuts though in a 33-35" tire IMHO.

Woody puts enough damn miles on, will be interesting to see what kind of miles he gets out of the FCII's on the 80, I'm guessing around 45,000 with no issues. Someone needs to talk him out of switching back to the Michelins for the summer though, now that it has real tires, the truck will look ghey again with the little ones on it.

I run the new FC 2 on my 62. These are made by MT nowadays, and are a really nice tire. Don't need a lot of weight to balance up and fairly quiet, given the tread pattern on them. Great in the gravel and rocks, aired down to 20psi they bag nicely, the aggressive tread in the sand, makes em bite in a bit from a dead start, but once up and running, really good traction.

Good to know reading guys keep em coming...I 'm running 31in perreli scorpian ats,had em on about 5 years good street rec. offroad tire,but want somthing little more agreessive, pro comp mt,bfg mt,goodyears? maybe buy two sets ,iroks for play and a good all a round tire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom