Diary of a new cruiser lover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi my name is Steve and I am a new cruiser head.

All my life I have been a Toyota freak, at the age of 17 I even got the new logo tattoo'd on my arm. Mini trucks were my life for years going thru 12 before I got turned to the badlands of a Fj60.

When the housing bubble burst here in California I had to sell my Baby 98 tacoma 6inch lift 35in tires. The truck that I had when I was charter member 4 for TTORA.

I was on craigslist one day and noticed a gentleman selling a 1987 Toyota Landcruiser fj60 for $1900.00, after trying to get a hold of him for more than 3 weeks, I gave up.

A month later looking for another vechile I noticed it was back up for $1000.00 now so I tried again to get ahold of him, again no luck. a week later I dont know why but I emalied him once more and he answered saying that he still had it and would drop the price if I was interested in buying. called him the next day saying i had the money and he told me that he just registered it that morning and had a smog cert. for me also informed me that he had to put a new muffler on it to pass smog but at no cost to me.

Fast forward a little I meet a awesome guy that I know as Dan (cant remember his screen name) and he has helped me so much and then introduced me to to George from central valley hybrids.

Since buying my fj60 I have completly redone the entire cooling system and the brake system. With the help of this forum i have been able to make this 23 year old truck with 256,589 miles to date my daily driver!!!!

Pics to come soon

Thank you

youre welcome.

now post some pics! :flipoff2:

Pictures newb!

sorry in the garage still trying to figure out how to put them on the post

hehe here
046.jpg

doing brakes in that picture needed the cement

Oh and the Dan i mentioned is Danimal

doing brakes in that picture needed the cement

Oh and the Dan i mentioned is Danimal

what are brakes? are they important??

oh old man Stihl... :lol:

Nice score. Looks solid.

Geez. A solid 60 for less than a grand and you have already hooked up with Dan and Georg. You my boy are on the right track. Looks like the Cruiser Gods are smiling on you.

some modifications of the 1000 dollar cruiser

now working on a rear bumper (pics comming soon)

also new addition to the family
landcruiser 021.jpg
landcruiser 005.jpg

oh and then new neighbors on the street and the next day this is what happens
landcruiser 019.jpg

:cheers:

Woah, for a minute there I was wondering what sort of engine was getting dropped in there!! Or whether you were adding a rear mounted bazooka...

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom