Diamond Plate Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer out there that makes a diamond plate dash cover for the fj40. I have a '63 and there are more holes in this dash from previous owners than I have gauges and switches to fill. I know this seems minor, but I would love a cover up solution for this. Has anyone done anything to theirs? If so, do you have pics? Anyone know if there is an aftermarnet part I can buy to fix this? Thanks.

I made a diamond plate cover for my dash, it was extremely easy. The hardest part was actually cutting the diamond plate. I even cut it to retain all the upper and lower dash pads. Works great if you are putting aftermarket gauges in. Just make sure that you measure twice. Then cut and I pop-riveted it to the dash. I have pictures, I just have to scan them and will post soon.

I am working on this same kinda setup. I want to run full Autometers and some aftermarket switches. The only concern I have is the glare and reflected sunlight off the diamond plate - I am assuming you mean aluminum?

The stuff isn't too expensive for the thin sheets, just make a template out of posterboard and cut the diamond plate with almost anything sharper than a butter knife.

thanks

Thanks for the input everyone. Where can I buy blank sheets of diamond plate? Also, is it fairly easy to paint the stuff. I would like to powder coat it black to match my interior. Pics would be great from those who have done it. Thanks again.

Pics

Anybody have pics of this setup? Getting ready to start cutting and put this in, would like to see it first on somebody else's rig. Thanks.

Lowe's has some small pieces of Aluminum diamond plate. Most metal supply house deal in large quantities. If someone knows of a supply house near Atlanta, please post.

I think what your looking for is called TREAD BRIGHT . As the name imply's it's the polished finish and not the dull .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom