Diagnostics reading on Australian 1999 FZJ105 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching the forums and internet regarding diagnostics reading on my 1999 FZJ105. My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find anything specific, or even close to it!

It has no OBD2 as it's an Australian car and the diagnostics port has nothing in the TE1 port and no port 4 or 13 ports either. I've attached a photo that might help:

20200923_175130.jpg

As shown above, I have the following ports:
E1 AB OP1
Tc
+B Ts

Would anyone know how I read codes through the light blinking method using these ports?

The issue is I have a CEL that comes on after 3-4 mins of driving - so probably engine temperature sensor related?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or comments!

To read the codes on 3fe trucks (62s and fj80s) and early FZJ80s you jump TE1 and E1. So not sure since you don’t have a TE1 port. 🤔

I’d guess it’s e1 and another port that you have. I think the generic combination is the diagnosis port and a ground. That’s not super helpful.

you might have better luck asking on the 80 series forum or one of the Australian Land Cruiser groups on Facebook.

here are instructions on how to read codes on early fzj80s: Trying to check codes with paperclip and does not work??

Last edited:
Thanks Chris,

I'll try the Facebook pages!

If anyone else has any ideas please post them, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom