Diagnostic Port Wire Colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm working on a 95 fzj80... Went to jump the pins to set my ignition timing and I have managed to mess up the wires inside my obd1 diagnostic port.

3 of the wires popped loose and I have no idea which ones they are. I have a brown, a white with blue stripe, and a green with pink stripe ( I think it's pink, it might be light brown)

I have the repair wire connectors and wiring diagram, but I seem to not be able to find the wiring colors for this, so im not sure which wire is what. So if anybody knows which wire is what, or can tell me where in the EWD the color codes for this are, it would sure be helpful. Thankya.

20210708_200453.jpg

Last edited:
In the ENGINE CONTROL schematic.
Yeah. Thanks for the reply... That schematic is where ive looked, And looked again. My EWD is for a 96... and I have a 95. The 96 EWD shows the obd2 data link, but I don't see the obd1 diag port on there, nor do I see the wire colors im looking for. Was hoping someone else had worked on some wiring or had an old harness and maybe could help.

Yeah. Thanks for the reply... That schematic is where ive looked, And looked again. My EWD is for a 96... and I have a 95. The 96 EWD shows the obd2 data link, but I don't see the obd1 diag port on there, nor do I see the wire colors im looking for. Was hoping someone else had worked on some wiring or had an old harness and maybe could help.
Download the 1994 EWD from the resources section if your 95 is OBD1.
In the FSMs the OBD2 port by the driver's left knee is called DataLink Connector 3. The diagnostic port on the firewall is for ABS on OBD2 vehicles and is called DataLink Connector 1.

For an OBD1 vehicle, there is only 1 diagnostic port on the firewall called Datalink Connector 1 or "Check Connector".

You need the correct EWD for your vehicle. The 1994 will work for the OBD1 FZJ80 1993-1995. The 1996 will work for the OBD2 FZJ80 1995-1997.

Download the 1994 EWD from the resources section if your 95 is OBD1.
In the FSMs the OBD2 port by the driver's left knee is called DataLink Connector 3. The diagnostic port on the firewall is for ABS on OBD2 vehicles and is called DataLink Connector 1.

For an OBD1 vehicle, there is only 1 diagnostic port on the firewall called Datalink Connector 1 or "Check Connector".

You need the correct EWD for your vehicle. The 1994 will work for the OBD1 FZJ80 1993-1995. The 1996 will work for the OBD2 FZJ80 1995-1997.
Well, that makes sense. Doesn't it? ... lol.

Thanks. I had no idea the resources tab even existed. It's not apparent on my phn. Last time I downloaded manuals was back on the "for a great price" thread, but the links got killed.

@jonheld , i found what I needed. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom