Diagnostic Fault Code 83, 84 and 85 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, I already found a lot of information in other messages, thanks
Hi everyone !!! A few months ago, my check engine light came on and displayed Fault Code 83, 84, and 85. I started looking for information and found mixed opinions, some suggesting to change the ECU. Fortunately, I did not follow this advice. Instead, I cleaned my EGR, calibrated TPS, and checked my vacuum hoses, some of which were cracked. To my surprise, Fault Code 83, 84, and 85 disappeared, and my check engine light did not come back on.

I am sharing this to encourage others who may encounter this problem not to fall into the simplistic approach of changing the ECU. For those who recommend ECU replacement, please keep in mind that this is not always the solution. Good luck to those who encounter the dreaded Code 83, 84, and 85 !!!

All the best from Argentina !!!

Congrats!
But the fix is perplexing given that those codes are transmission related. TCM to be exact.
I understand that they can be ignored on OBD1 rigs as they do not indicate an issue.
Except when there actually is an issue. But at that point I suspect the codes would superfluous.
That...or I'm mistaken. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom