Diagnose and fix AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Ironman suspension is garbage for a stock car (that is without a good 5-600 pound load at least). Fix the AHC.
Yeah my initial plan was to put on a front bumper at least with the Iron Man suspension

And you're sure the shocks are the AHC shocks?
E045B744-1D69-491B-8A47-D8BBF24CA8E7.jpeg
08AB31E5-6D38-4206-AAAD-6396CB3CD4B1.jpeg
77DF086D-4FC4-4D16-90AC-63A36DF0A0F5.jpeg

Looks like they aren’t AHC shocks... also not able to find the line for suspension fluid maybe they cut it?

View attachment 2591453View attachment 2591455View attachment 2591461
Looks like they aren’t AHC shocks... also not able to find the line for suspension fluid maybe they cut it?
Yup. Those appear to be Duralast shocks from Autozone. What's funny is that they're still more expensive than OEM shocks, which I'm sure are nicer. Some people....

Bummer. Looks like the PO or PPO didn't know what they were doing and got convinced to rip out AHC. They weren't able to (or didn't attempt to) remove and replace the front or rear shocks so they didn't really do anything helpful, but they managed to spent at least a few hundred bucks on discount aftermarket parts.

What a pain. Good news is that Ironman lift kit will come in handy to un**ck what's on there now!

Yup. Those appear to be Duralast shocks from Autozone. What's funny is that they're still more expensive than OEM shocks, which I'm sure are nicer. Some people....

Bummer. Looks like the PO or PPO didn't know what they were doing and got convinced to rip out AHC. They weren't able to (or didn't attempt to) remove and replace the front or rear shocks so they didn't really do anything helpful, but they managed to spent at least a few hundred bucks on discount aftermarket parts.

What a pain. Good news is that Ironman lift kit will come in handy to un**ck what's on there now!
Yeah it will be here Monday and I’ll get it on next weekend probably. I was planning originally to build it up anyways because the stock front bumper is very scratched up. Other than that it’s pretty clean overall though.

Looks like they’ve left the ahc bars/springs, and that’s why it is sitting that low (and riding like garbage)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom