DFW meeting this Thurs nite. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
Anything you guys know that need covered?
Rumor has it we will have an amazing 4.3 FJ40 Conversion in attendance.... :cool: :cool:

Butch

I'm wrong, your right...next thurs nite

Rock Taxi said:
Can you fit some TSL's on top of that FJ?

:D

Ed

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: ;p ;p ;p

So when is the meeting?
3rd Thursday?

I drove up to Papas one Thursday night in quite a hurry all excited to go see a bunch of cool cruisers and go through another round of defending the parts on my junk and much to my suprise the place was a ghost town. Guess I should check these things before I leave the house.

3rd Thursday, and yes you need to consult a calender, I screwed up here, cause the trades day weekemd in Bonham was this past weekend and our meeting is usually the folowing Thurs, but not always.............

Hey Butch, just a heads up that Bruce will be dropping by in the next week or so to grab them. :)

Ed

Texican said:
3rd Thursday, and yes you need to consult a calender, I screwed up here, cause the trades day weekemd in Bonham was this past weekend and our meeting is usually the folowing Thurs, but not always.............
You even had the lurkers confused you old coot. :D

I have the brushguard in the back of the wagon, it will be there Thursday.

Did Gary get with you about the S/M/L shirts? Let me know if we can take care of that then also.

Finally, any truth to that swapping birfs from side to side is worthwhile, or is it a wives tale... repacking them Saturday and just curious. Thanks for any advice...

If you need it: (C) 972-877-4367

Thanks, Chris

Last edited:
valkyrie610 said:
Y

Did Gary get with you about the S/M/L shirts? Let me know if we can take care of that then also.

Finally, any truth to that swapping birfs from side to side is worthwhile, or is it a wives tale... repacking them Saturday and just curious. Thanks for any advice...

If you need it: (C) 972-877-4367

Thanks, Chris

I will have all the tee's I have with me at the meeting, if you are talking about swapping sides on an 80 full time, I guess so but the inside snap ring can be brutal, if you don't know how to take the axle out, and you will need new ones cause you sacrifice them when you do it.
Butch

Cool. We stripped one down Sunday in preperation for an axle swap under a Taco and it went smoothly. I figured I'd just put some tack welds down & forego the outer clip securing the joint to the axle. There is no inner clip on the inner axle,so that's good.

So swapping them doens't really make a difference? I was told that swapping out the joints to the other side (Driver's to Passengers and vice-versa) will reverse the wear patterns and give you some more life from the joints. I hadn't heard that before, so I was just curious... I didn't see how it would make much (if any) difference...

Thanks, Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom