SOLD DFW - 2006 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. GX470
Mileage
Color
silver
Asking $9000 for my 2006 Lexus GX470 NAV w/o KDSS. Currently has 152,000+ miles.

The GOOD

Interior is in great condition. A little seat rub on the entry side drivers seat (as you can see in picture) and just a "tad" bit on the right side drivers arm rest. All in all, interior is in super condition.
Vehicle has been garaged since I bought it in June of 2014 with 88,000 miles
New dash installed in 2015 by Lexus. Dash still looks new...
2" Toytec front spacer lift
Tricked rear air bags to fit 32.4" tires. I had to slightly trim the inside of the front mud deflector and used a heat gun to soften the wheel well to push it out of the way, to take out the last bit of rub.
18x9 Fuel "Boost" wheels still look brand new. No scratches or dings, period! Current tires are Cooper Discoverer AT3 275/65R18 (32" tires) installed in 2015 that have around 50,000 miles on them. Still plenty of tread but they are getting a little old.
WeatherTech floor mats (front, center and rear).
3rd Row Seats included.
Headliner is perfect. No sagging or stains.
I have never drove this vehicle off-road. All highway miles.

The BAD

It has the secondary air pump "issue". I am sure most everyone on this forum is familiar with that. If not, just Google it. Its a shame Lexus wouldn't do the right thing like they did with the dash problem, since its clearly a design flaw. I originally installed a bypass module and it worked great for almost 4 years. About a year and a half ago, I started to get another intermittent error code (P0104). It never puts the car in "limp" mode and normally, the error code clears itself within a couple of days. I thought it might have been a problem with the bypass module, so I disconnected the bypass module installation, but I still get the same (P0104 - Mass Air Flow or high circuit) error code every couple of weeks. After all this, I do NOT get an error for the secondary air pump anymore, so I have not hooked up the bypass module again. Although, I sure can hear the fan for the first 30-45 seconds when I start it up cold... Actually, maybe that last part should go in the GOOD column...But just letting everyone know for full disclosure. Also for full disclosure, I did replace the mass air flow sensor to try and fix the P0104 error and that did not solve the problem.

For clarification, I did get the P1444 error code once and replaced the gas cap. I have not seen that code since.

The A/C compressor or compressor bearing is making a noise. My mechanic said if the A/C is still blowing cold air that he wouldn't worry about fixing it, right now. It is still blowing "ice" cold so I decided not to mess with it.

The timing belt has not been done to my knowledge.

It somebody wanted to tackle the secondary air pump and timing belt all at once, they would have a perfect (for a 2006) vehicle when done and probably save some labor by doing them both at the same time.

The Expected

The vehicle paint is good. No clear coat peeling or fading. It does have door "dings"in the paint but since it has the plastic molding all the way around, the dings are not in the metal, only the paint.
There is one spot on the right front fender where someone hit the fender flare and it did crack the paint (picture included) and has a little visual imperfection.
The vehicle does have a 2nd row DVD system in the back of the driver and passenger headrests and it did work with wired headphones approximately 3 yrs ago. However, what kid still uses DVD's, so its probably a little outdated. So I would consider that neutral.

Final Thoughts

I believe I have priced the vehicle accordingly given the Fuel wheels and "pseudo" lift (for visuals) and taking into account the work someone "may" want to do, to make this vehicle dang near perfect! Visually, you aren't going to find any better looking vehicle inside for it's age and doesn't look bad from the outside either.

If you are a mechanic or mechanically inclined, you could probably tackle the secondary air pump, timing belt, and A/C at the same time and probably save yourself a ton of money. Most of the cost of doing the air pump and timing belt is in the labor costs.

I drive it almost daily, and also plan on driving it to Florida in the near future, so the miles will increase.

Thanks for looking and stay safe!!

20200531_141039.jpg

20200531_142353.jpg

20200531_141140.jpg

20200531_165904.jpg

20200531_141053.jpg

Last edited:
Asking $9000 for my 2006 Lexus GX470 NAV w/o KDSS. Currently has 152,000+ miles.

The GOOD

Interior is in great condition. A little seat rub on the entry side drivers seat (as you can see in picture) and just a "tad" bit on the right side drivers arm rest. All in all, interior is in super condition.
Vehicle has been garaged since I bought it in June of 2014 with 88,000 miles
New dash installed in 2015 by Lexus. Dash still looks new...
2" Toytec front spacer lift
Tricked rear air bags to fit 32.4" tires. I had to slightly trim the inside of the front mud deflector and used a heat gun to soften the wheel well to push it out of the way, to take out the last bit of rub.
18x9 Fuel "Boost" wheels still look brand new. No scratches or dings, period! Current tires are Cooper Discoverer AT3 275/65R18 (32" tires) installed in 2015 that have around 50,000 miles on them. Still plenty of tread but they are getting a little old.
WeatherTech floor mats (front, center and rear).
3rd Row Seats included.
Headliner is perfect. No sagging or stains.
I have never drove this vehicle off-road. All highway miles.

The BAD

It has the secondary air pump "issue". I am sure most everyone on this forum is familiar with that. If not, just Google it. Its a shame Lexus wouldn't do the right thing like they did with the dash problem, since its clearly a design flaw. I originally installed a bypass module and it worked great for almost 4 years. About a year and a half ago, I started to get another intermittent error code (P0104). It never puts the car in "limp" mode and normally, the error code clears itself within a couple of days. I thought it might have been a problem with the bypass module, so I disconnected the bypass module installation, but I still get the same (P0104 - Mass Air Flow or high circuit) error code every couple of weeks. After all this, I do NOT get an error for the secondary air pump anymore, so I have not hooked up the bypass module again. Although, I sure can hear the fan for the first 30-45 seconds when I start it up cold... Actually, maybe that last part should go in the GOOD column...But just letting everyone know for full disclosure. Also for full disclosure, I did replace the mass air flow sensor to try and fix the P0104 error and that did not solve the problem.

For clarification, I did get the P1444 error code once and replaced the gas cap. I have not seen that code since.

The A/C compressor or compressor bearing is making a noise. My mechanic said if the A/C is still blowing cold air that he wouldn't worry about fixing it, right now. It is still blowing "ice" cold so I decided not to mess with it.

The timing belt has not been done to my knowledge.

It somebody wanted to tackle the secondary air pump and timing belt all at once, they would have a perfect (for a 2006) vehicle when done and probably save some labor by doing them both at the same time.

The Expected

The vehicle paint is good. No clear coat peeling or fading. It does have door "dings"in the paint but since it has the plastic molding all the way around, the dings are not in the metal, only the paint.
There is one spot on the right front fender where someone hit the fender flare and it did crack the paint (picture included) and has a little visual imperfection.
The vehicle does have a 2nd row DVD system in the back of the driver and passenger headrests and it did work with wired headphones approximately 3 yrs ago. However, what kid still uses DVD's, so its probably a little outdated. So I would consider that neutral.

Final Thoughts

I believe I have priced the vehicle accordingly given the Fuel wheels and "pseudo" lift (for visuals) and taking into account the work someone "may" want to do, to make this vehicle dang near perfect! Visually, you aren't going to find any better looking vehicle inside for it's age and doesn't look bad from the outside either.

If you are a mechanic or mechanically inclined, you could probably tackle the secondary air pump, timing belt, and A/C at the same time and probably save yourself a ton of money. Most of the cost of doing the air pump and timing belt is in the labor costs.

I drive it almost daily, and also plan on driving it to Florida in the near future, so the miles will increase.

Thanks for looking and stay safe!!

View attachment 2325479

View attachment 2325480

View attachment 2325526

View attachment 2325530

View attachment 2325531

Edited the original post.

Error code was incorrect. The current intermittent error code is P0104 - Mass or volume air flow circuit intermittent.

I did get the P1444 error code once and fixed it by replacing the gas cap.

Sorry for the confusion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom