SOLD DFW: 2000 LX470 Low Miles, Garaged & In Great Shape + Cars & Bids Link (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgba(204, 159, 91, 0.28)
Outside Link
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rNJ2NjlW/2000-lexus-lx-470
Just recently, I'm considering parting with my 2000 LX470. I'm in the DFW suburb of Frisco.

This will likely go on Doug's auction site in November if there isn't sufficient interest as a heads up.

Who is this right for:
  • Someone who wants an earlier 100-series (doesn't have the early 2000s screen/ early tech that dates these), but wants low miles and meticulously maintained.
  • Someone who wants a 100-series, where everything is already working great.
    • Yes, it's 23 years old (it was built on 10/31/1999), but that considered, it drives great and looks better.
    • This just got a clean bill of health from the local Lexus dealership's Multi-Point Inspection.
    • This could go comfortably cross-country tomorrow without concern.
  • Doesn't want to worry about the paint that older 100-series Land Cruisers have (pealing/ clear coat fading).
    • The paint on this is in great shape. I believe Lexus paint is a good deal thicker than Toyota paint, and it shows on this LX470.
  • Is ready for a simple, yet overbuilt car that can/ likely will go another few hundred thousand miles with minimum necessary maintenance.
  • Someone who wants to be proud of that they drive and enjoy the craftsmanship of the 100-series.
History/ Background:

I purchased it as the 3rd owner in 2018 with big dreams of taking this to the Rockies.

Sadly, it's been more of a mall-crawler than an off-roader as I planned. Other than a few trails, this hasn't been aggressively off-road.

Truth is, the family went the route of an Airstream, and so I picked up a new Tundra and have a LX600 on the way. This rig has basically been garaged since 2020.

An LX470 in this condition is decently rare and is an incredible vehicle that could easily become a family heirloom.

Every time I leave the dealership for routine service, some tech comes up to tell me how great it looks or, if they work on cars, how they don't make them like this anymore.

A little background, I work for Toyota Motor North America, so I get parts, etc. at cost + 10% and have had all my work done (& any necessary) at the local Lexus Dealership.

It is NOT stock, but also, not to far off.

My reasoning is that my favorite 60-series are the nearly stock with a modest lift and nice tires, but not much else. I did manually cover all chrome/ gold in black.

A bit more background:
140.5k miles (I purchased it at 118k miles) - Timing Belt done at 102k.
October 2022 - Clean bill of health per Multi Point Inspection at Lexus Park Place - Plano, TX
This LX470 has averaged 6,100 miles/ year in its life. It's a very low-mile, overbuilt and well-maintained rig.
Alternator & Starter replaced at 118k
A/C blows ice cold.
Just received a new battery & just passed inspection. New wipers also added.
Been in Texas its whole life (CARFAX confirmed)
No Rust
2" OME Lift - AHC Delete done by Dallas Offroad
5k miles on BFG K02 A/Ts including a full-size spare that is also a BFG K02 - Recently rotated and balanced
Chrome & Gold accents have been Plasti-Dipped.
Cargo Rack in the Rear with Molle Panels from Victory 4X4 - pictures to follow - These rattle a bit when driving at highway speeds, will work to eradicate.
9" Alpine Halo9 with Backup Camera & Mic installed for handsfree calling. USB connector installed.
I replaced the housing on the antenna. It works flawlessly.
Replaced hinges on rear gate and hood.
Recently replaced windshield and had the tent redone. It looks great!
I can grab Lexus Service records - I have had everything done at the local Plano Lexus Dealership (Park Place Lexus - Plano, TX), and given my employee discount, I get anything it needs
You would receive LX470 Repair Shop Manuals ~$350 value.
Replaced exhaust manifold in 2018.
Drives great, which is likely no surprise
Interior is nearly perfect, but there is some cracking in the seats (I condition the leather regularly) and there is small rip on the back of the middle row.
3rd Row Jumper seats available.
Running boards available (if wanted), but it looks much better without them.
Replaced front passenger CV axle in October 2022 - removed prior photo from thread that showed grease from part defect.
Replaced third (top center brake light) in October 2022
Attaching CarFAX

However, I imagine if it stays in its current shape it will only appreciate (a key reason why I'm hesitating parting with it, even if I don't drive it.)

Here are a few, initial photos.

Resized_20221024_131432.jpeg

9ED8103E-3BAC-4C6A-8C7D-5909B84B4EC4.jpeg

tempImageqsOqiV.png

6D763B29-BE63-425B-8C8D-3D9197DB3DB5.jpeg

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle Highlights Report for this 2000 LEXUS LX 470_ JT6HT00W3Y0089175.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Attaching a few more photos, and happy to provide others upon request

Last photo is from when I purchased it in 2018 to help see some of the adjustments I made

853F18F7-5740-446C-8D2D-2B6F4148806B.jpeg

B3C2553A-5611-4E5E-BA51-830E61036751_4_5005_c.jpeg

IMG-4342.jpeg

IMG_7395.JPG

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Removed photos as Plasti-dip was removed from wheels.

Here is a photo of the shop guides I’m including in sale ~$350 value

3B34A537-0BBE-4BC4-8BB4-3B720D7D6525.jpeg

Last edited:
+ Photos of CVs + Frame

tempImage6j3MXX.jpg

*Passenger CV Axle was replaced by Park Place Lexus on October 24, 2022.

86B0B3EB-1C62-490C-B9F9-A9250BFD7476.jpeg

tempImageCvcEpG.jpg

tempImagePXqo6w.png

tempImageaP95vR.png

Last edited:
Regarding the CV that was leaking grease, that looks to have been a part defect, as it was OEM and replaced a few thousand miles ago.

That being said, it was replaced by the dealer, and now we're waiting on the third (top center) brake light to be replaced.

It has a crack in it that lets in a bit of water at the car wash.

Will update once received back from dealership.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom