Dewalt....not made in the USA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
when did this happen? I thought they were proud to be made in the USA. looked at a new bench grinder, made in china. friend picked up a metal chop saw, same thing

Dewalt sucks. There is a guy on pirate4x4.com that was selling some cheapo yellow and black drill he had gotten on ebay and they had ebay pull the auction and gave him a bunch of crap saying he was trying to copy them and stuff. Screw dewalt.

What isnt made in china anymore ???/

Dewalt hasn't been made in the USA for several years now, since Black and Decker bought them out. Their tools are still so-so quality, I know of many contractors that only use Dewalt tools.

I think some of their stuff is US made, not sure what though and it's limited.

FWIW B&D (DeWalt) purchased Pentair, parent company of P-C, Delta, etc.

http://electricalmarketing.com/ar/black_decker_buy/

I have DeWally tools and like the ones I have. I have PC tools and like those also. I try to research my tool purchases and get what the best specific tool is for the job. No tool mfg'r is good at making every tool. Makita makes some stuff better than DeWalt, vice versa and same for Bosch/Skil, Milwaukee etc.

I've got a cordless DeWalt 18v Drill and love it! I can't say enough about it. I've had it for over 5 years, dropped it off a 6ft ladder 2x (no cracks or fractures on the case) and it still runs like new. It has enough torque to twist your arm off and has never stalled or let me down. I also have the DeWalt Sliding double Bevel Compound Miter Saw. It is accurate and powerful, not to mention all the angles you can cut!

I research my tools prior to purchase also and only get the best. What is it about DeWalt that you've had issues or don't care for?

and ALOT of people think ford,chevy and harley davidsons are built in the GOOD O'L U.S. of A

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a number of DeWalt power tools and have been VERY happy with all of them. They are all over 4-5 years old, so I suppose (hope) they were US made.

I've been on an anti-"Made in China" kick lately. Rules out buying anything from Harbor Freight......

I've been looking to buy a drill press and Craftsman and Delta (plus all the others I've been able to find) are made in China. Still looking for a good floor-mount, US-made drill press that won't cost me $3K :-o

I get maybe 2-4 years of very heavy use out of my Dewalt tools. The best thing about Dewalt is the service/parts set up on the net - pick out your tool - pick out the part - and it is delivered in a day or two...

Soul_Man said:
I've been looking to buy a drill press and Craftsman and Delta (plus all the others I've been able to find) are made in China. Still looking for a good floor-mount, US-made drill press that won't cost me $3K :-o

Good luck, even my 20" Dayton monster is made in Taiwan. The best bet is used machine tool stores and auctions, a buddy of mine got a like new Clausing 20" for $450.

Buy HILTI - still the best tools out there - you pay more but it will last and the warranties aren't wishy-washy like all the others. 2 years on 80% of the gear and there are no questions asked. People seem to think it's a fortune, but the pricing has come down a lot. They are still made in Germany/Swiss.

Forget all that other junk - spend more but buy only once.

Just my 2 cents.

Hilti is fine, until you have to make a warranty claim.
We just started using Hilti gas saws recently. First one broke, so we filed a warranty claim. We had to ship it to them, at our expense, and were without it for almost a month. It did get fixed, and they may have refunded the shipping, but that just sucks.

if you can tell me of anything that is 100% made in the usa i will put 65 psi in your size 42 x 16.50 tire by my lunges alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom