deutz 5L in an FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw on ebay someone who had a 79 chev with a deutz 5L in font of it with a GM tranny. It was an air cooled unit. I did some research on these engines and they seem strong and are around for fairly cheap. Has anyone put one of these in an FJ? Has anyone ridden/driven one of those pickup conversions?
Thank you for any input

Have looked at this a little myself. Dont think it will fit with stock suspension height. And pretty heavy
but does seem doable. I have had several in larger trenchers and they have the most torqe of any engine there size. And the trenchers have the right bell housings for new process and muncie.

wow

A guy I know used to work in a mine somewhere and he used to talk about fj 40s with duetz diesels made custom just for the mines!! they were air cooled to. not sure if the were still 4x4 but still pretty cool!

Ya the mines dont allow gas trucks and they have been using landcruisers since 75 so they used to before the deisels run duetz motors mated with landcruiser trannys. These are the people who did this. www.ensindustrial.ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom