detroit locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys
I need a installation manual to install a Detroit locker in to 80 with semi-floating axle,please any one know a link or dowload link that might help me.:cool:

Couldn't find much help in my search for you. This is definitely not a F.A.Q., so no help there. But, I was thinking - why not install an Aussie instead? I believe they're cheaper $ and with one exception, I've heard good reviews. The thread by Hayes out of Utah for installation is for the full float rear axle:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/118690-aussie-locker-install.html

But if you read through the entire thread (both pages), they talk about the differences with the semi float axle such as yours. It might help fill in the holes (if there are any) in the install instructions provided.

I just found a better thread for you:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/251413-aussie-locker-install-semi-vs-full-float.html

Functionally, the Aussie and Detroit are the same. But, I think that the Aussie is a better choice for the 80 and it appears you'll have more support. HTH

BTW Welcome to MUD :flipoff2:(the official welcome)

Toyota Gear Installs should be very helpful if you don't find the install manual. You're just putting the bearings on the Detroit then replacining the carrier (in which the spider gears are located) with the Detroit carrier and resetting the gear backlash. The only less common tools you'll need is a dial indicator and a press.

Toyota Gear Installs should be very helpful if you don't find the install manual. You're just putting the bearings on the Detroit then replacining the carrier (in which the spider gears are located) with the Detroit carrier and resetting the gear backlash. The only less common tools you'll need is a dial indicator and a press.

Wow, Matt! That's a good site. I'm definitely bookmarking it. A wealth of info! Thanks & welcome to MUD! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom