detroit and SO 60

Visit site
i'm looking for opinions. i'm thinking about running a detroit in the rear of my 60. i'm SOA and its my daily driver. what do ya'll think? will it still fuction as a daily driver? will i be more prone to damage? thanks.

Visit site
I am faced with the same dilemma, I DD my 40, and want at least a rear locker.
I decided ARB, I've heard that Detroits are more bearable than they used to be, but they acclerate wear, and aren't much less expensive than ARB's. I've heard of people buying ARB's for $525, and if you or a friend are capable of installing them, they are about the same.
I just decided that I would not risk buying a detroit and hating it, I know that with the ARB, nothing is going to change on road, and offroad will only get better.
Just my .02

Visit site
Speaking from experience, I wouldn't recomend the detroit for a DD. Definetly increases wear on diff components. Breaks loose on corners in the rain, but awesome off road.

Visit site
how long did it take to get your aussie locker in? I plan on buying aussie front and rear ...just trying to figure out when the best time to order would be. and by the way -not to hijack this thread or anything- what do you need to install the locker?(what gaskets ext ext)

Visit site
Weld it! :D

My SOA FJ55 is welded in the back, and it will be my daily driver. In the winter, it will be my DD also. If I hate it, I'll go open, until I can afford a selectable locker.

Website
www.mntoyx4.com
Won't know until tomorrow. Doesn't look difficult. I'm sure it'll be done within 2 hours, unless I mange to loose a spring or something. I'll get the chance to test it out the following weekend

[quote author=tclndcrz link=board=1;threadid=6113;start=msg49198#msg49198 date=1065728793]
how long did it take to get your aussie locker in? I plan on buying aussie front and rear ...just trying to figure out when the best time to order would be. and by the way -not to hijack this thread or anything- what do you need to install the locker?(what gaskets ext ext)
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom