detailed pics of a 74 40 (1 Viewer)

can someone load up some detailed pics of the rear door area for a 74 with the swing out doors? or any year that had the swing out doors , especially the lower sill area .
I tried the search but could not find any...is there a lip on the lower sill or is it just flat ? I am talking about the outer skin ..not the inner sill

Much appreciated , Daryl

fjbj40 said:
can someone load up some detailed pics of the rear door area for a 74 with the swing out doors? or any year that had the swing out doors , especially the lower sill area .
I tried the search but could not find any...is there a lip on the lower sill or is it just flat ? I am talking about the outer skin ..not the inner sill

Much appreciated , Daryl
The 74 by nature did not have Amby Doors...had a 3-way split. Any amby's on 74 are modified IIRC

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor
projektdotnet said:
The 74 by nature did not have Amby Doors...had a 3-way split. Any amby's on 74 are modified IIRC

Miss this?

" These are what I have on hand, if you need more I can get em later. It's a 75 and it's a glass tub but it's got the same lip that a factory one would. "

Hit these guys upCCOT They have many pics of the rear sill in the body parts section, among other areas of their site.

Good luck!

-Steve

fjbj40 said:
can someone load up some detailed pics of the rear door area for a 74 with the swing out doors?

Miss this?

I think the info he is looking for will probably be about the same, but he initially asked about a 74, which would not be ambulance doors as projektdotnet stated.

yes the swing out doors , half doors , lower half doors , whatever you want to call it , NOT ambi doors. The PO put ambi doors on it...I don't like em...want swing out doors .
I am in the resto/rebuild process and am going to replace the rotted sill with 2x3 rect. tubing . But I need to know what the skin covering the sill looks like .
I have looked at the CCOT site but there are ambiguities on their site . They show a 74 with a straight floor raises ( the stiffner in the rear floor deck) but my 74 ( original floor ) has straight and U 's . They also show a 74 rear door vertical risers on the quarters with an indent where as mine is straight .

The outer sill skin is different between swing out doors and ambi doors.

I am looking for pics of the rear outer sill on a 74 .

Thanks again , Daryl

Sorry dude, I get the year specifics mixed up, or I really don't think that hard about it at first sometimes.

My bad, I removed the pics to clear up the confusion. :doh:

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom