Destinations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
I am relatively new to the area (and very new to cruisers) and would like an idea of some destinations. Hopefully this can help others too. Maybe this format?

General location
Difficulty rating (Maintained, 4wd, Technical)
What to do/see
Detail Directions, notes, cost, etc.

Good thread! @Trollhole can list a bunch! I've been up to Hurricane Creek a few times with Old North State Cruiser club and it's a mix of off road and gravel roads just west of Asheville before getting to TN. We will look to do a trip there this next spring with Upstate Cruisers but will need to limit it to 7 vehicles at the most. A stock LC will have no problem.

While I'm all about giving out my secret places to club members I'm not a fan on publishing it for the whole world to see. That's how we got Cullowhee shut down. Good idea and maybe something we put on our website for only club members to see.

Thought of that too. If I had any hidden gems I wouldnt post here either. With the landscape around here it seems like there would be plenty of spots that could be? Maybe an off-highway route to somewhere or scenic area.

No problem reserving stuff for club knowledge too that I hope to become more involved in.

If you have not made the trip the blue ridge parkway is awesome and you never leave the pavement. There are also lots of forest service roads in pisgah national forest. The horse pasture is also a fun ride in the woods.

Post up before a day or two before venturing out and someone familiar with the area may join you.

Link to jumping off rock offthe horse pasture rd.

Jumping-Off-Rock | Visit Pickens County, South Carolina
Last minute, loaded the kids and in-laws and tried to get there by sunset. Tree down and it looks like nothing but ATVs can make it. A 20 point turn later I was back at hardtop and followed a scenic outlook sign to make it with 5 minutes to spare.

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

Wife and i drove up to Biltmore today and on the way home steered onto Blue Ridge Parkway as traffic on 26 was pretty bad....saw maybe a dozen vehicles before we got off at 276! Wished we could have stayed til sunset but needed to get home for obligations! Saw a restored 40 right as we pulled into Brevard but couldn't get a pic as it was going North on 276 with bikes on the back. Looked like a minty green....not stock.

Recent episode of Moonshiners, they did a drop at a tunnel I believe is in this area. Anyone been? Anyone want to go? Maybe meet at 14 and 11 then up to 176.

Google Maps
After passing the HAM test (how's that for positive thinking!) Saturday morning, I've committed to helping clean up the disaster in our home office....it is supposed to rain all day right? Will look to squeeze in a nap too!

Yep, next weekend is a good possibility!

Either this or Jump Off, right?
Definitely! I haven't been to Jump off since i had my first Cruiser, an '85 Silver 60 and went up there with Upstate Cruisers in summer of '99!

Found out our youngest has audition/interview at Clemson Saturday morning so probably not going to be able to go anywhere Saturday. If possible, we may look to join up with you somewhere.....If you create a new thread with header being 1/28 Excursion, I will make it a sticky (move it above the line).

Found out our youngest has audition/interview at Clemson Saturday morning so probably not going to be able to go anywhere Saturday. If possible, we may look to join up with you somewhere.....If you create a new thread with header being 1/28 Excursion, I will make it a sticky (move it above the line).
Congrats. The 28th is out for me too with mama's baby shower and kids basketball. I think this route would finish great at the Purple Onion in Saluda, but it is closed on Sunday so the 29th is out too. Maybe next week.

Pearson Falls Rd.

General location - Saluda, NC
Difficulty rating (Maintained, 4wd, Technical) - Mix of asphalt and maintained dirt.
What to do/see - The road goes through a single lane train tunnel. Nearby nature area with a short hiking trail, picnic tables, and waterfall.
Detail Directions, notes, cost, etc. - Nature area is $5/adult. Saluda businesses keep weird hours so check before if you plan to eat.

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom