Wanted Desperately Need 1965 FJ40 FD Knob & Cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys I need your help, looking for complete set up to connect to the vacuum switch for 4 wheel drive. I need everything that connects to the housing on firewall.
I need the knob, lever, & cable is what I have been told. I am not sure what years will work but hope you guys know?
My cruiser is a 1965 softtop version
Let me know what u have & how much, if I need other parts to make this work please let me know!
TJ
FJ40 FD Cable.jpg

FJ40 Firewall Shot Vacuum.jpg

FJ40 FD Cable.jpg

Last edited:
I might have one available. Did you look om SOR to see the parts you are missing

Should be the knob and cable. I think I may be able to help. I will check

where is your housing located on the firewall? I ask because I've seen 2 different mounting locations and 1 requires a longer cable to reach the housing than the other.

It looks that what I need can work from a 1958-3/69 FJ40 or FJ45. The picture diagram from sor shows it to be 1 part that connects to the vacuum. I may need the vacuum housing that it goes in? Not sure if it's good.

3_puppies said:
where is your housing located on the firewall? I ask because I've seen 2 different mounting locations and 1 requires a longer cable to reach the housing than the other.

You DO need to answer Paul's question to make sure you get the right part. The heater model had a shorter cable than the non-heater models.

And it will need to be pre August of 1966.

Best

Mark A.

I going to try to answer Paul's question the best i can, vacuum switch is connected to a bracket about 13 inches from the top of the firewall. I am not sure that my 65 origanaly came with a heater but has one now located in front of passenger floorboard, not in middle like everyone elses. It looks like the cable needs to be at least 36 inches long to reach the vacuum. Can't get photo to upload but could email to someone if needed.
TJ

Guys this is what i have. This should answer Paul's question. The frayed cable is the old FD cable but i have no pull mechanism. I hope this helps show where the vacuum is located.
FJ40 FD Cable.jpg

FJ40 FD Cable.jpg

Shes Mad didn't have the parts, thanks for looking!! Anyone out there got these parts??
No one should have a 2wd FJ40!!
Still looking thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom