Desperate for heat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I’m having some issues with my ‘98 LX 470. I have zero air coming from the vents up front. All speeds were working fine yesterday and this morning none of them worked. I have replaced the blower motor but still no luck. Can anyone tell me the location of the blower resistor? It’s 0 degrees and getting colder so I would love to get this resolved. Thanks for any help.

Hey all,

I’m having some issues with my ‘98 LX 470. I have zero air coming from the vents up front. All speeds were working fine yesterday and this morning none of them worked. I have replaced the blower motor but still no luck. Can anyone tell me the location of the blower resistor? It’s 0 degrees and getting colder so I would love to get this resolved. Thanks for any help.
Do you have power do the blower motor?

I'm not sure, maybe a blown fuse?

I had a similar issue a while back on my 98. It was due to some corrosion on plugs that connects to the motor.

Hmm, but wait if you have power to the blower and the blower isn't turning doesn't that mean it's a bad blower?

I'd be curious if you put 12volts right to the blower ( from a battery or something ) ..would it spin?

Hmm, but wait if you have power to the blower and the blower isn't turning doesn't that mean it's a bad blower?

I'd be curious if you put 12volts right to the blower ( from a battery or something ) ..would it spin?
That’s what I thought too. First thing I did was check for power and had it so I thought it must be the blower which is why I replaced it.

Man I feel your pain - this week is cold even for upper mid-west.
@Ayune any chance you may have the wiring diagram for the blower motor? May be any tips on how to test this?

With an OEM unit or A/M junk?

Did you mount it correctly so that the fan can spin freely and is not touching and jamed. A/M units are not always well made, and may have incorrect dimentions.

With an OEM unit or A/M junk?

Did you mount it correctly so that the fan can spin freely and is not touching and jamed. A/M units are not always well made, and may have incorrect dimentions.
I’m pretty sure I did. It doesn’t appear to be hanging up anywhere.

Man I feel your pain - this week is cold even for upper mid-west.
@Ayune any chance you may have the wiring diagram for the blower motor? May be any tips on how to test this?
Yes it it! A diagram would be great.

I can’t seem to find anything with a definitive answer on where the transistor or relay is.

F2E91F63-2A40-4797-BA52-8CE308DF238E.jpeg

Can anyone confirm if this is the transistor? It doesn’t look like the typical blower motor transistors I have seen in the past.

29DE8197-E4D0-4737-82A4-78DD88B99FEC.jpeg

That's the resistor. If the fuses are good, then that's your culprit.

That's the resistor. If the fuses are good, then that's your culprit.
Thank you! Do you know exactly which fuse? Just want to double check everything and make sure I was checking the right one.

I believe that part is the blower motor control relay. I have attached a picture from the FSM with the test procedure (FSM is 2004).
Image 12-20-22 at 9.05 AM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom