1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desoto Mine run

Discussion in 'AZ- Copper State Cruisers' started by RUSH55, Mar 25, 2004.

1. RUSH55

RUSH55

Hey peeps,
    to anyone who's interested, me and the Rhino are gonna go run Desoto on Sat. the 17th of April. Would be cool to meet up with some other Cruiserheads on a 4x trip. Hopefully this trail should be at least moderately difficult. It's located a little NW of Black Canyon City and runs up into the Bradshaw Mts.

2. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Deffinately interested in this one...if I can get some time under my junk this weekend. Shat here at work has been so crazy that I ain't been gettin home till way late, no friggin time. Fingers crossed, I'm down for this one!

3. RHINO

RHINO

yeah, should be a nice run, difficult enough to make it fun but do-able for less built rigs too. the trail goes around behind crown king up high on the mtn.
    i will be running up to crown king the back way from pleasant, whomever wants to run that way with me can meet me where the dirt road crosses the back of the lake (so i can drown a worm or two while waiting). the rush will be comming down from cottonwood and we'll be meeting up in crown king, so anyone who just wants to run up I-17 can meet us there.

4. RUSH55

RUSH55

Hey Rhino, are we gonna start at the official starting point between CK and Prescott, or the ending point, down by my favoritist town in the whole-wide-world, Cleator? Personally I'd rather come down I-17 to the CK turnoff and head up, than drive that down from Prescott on the Senator. Desoto looked to be fairly long, so I don't wanna be dilly-dallying on my way there.

5. RHINO

RHINO

yeah thats fine, desoto is about a 12 mile trail so i probly should come up I-17 and we can all meet at bloody basin rd-I17. i'm gonna run down telegraph to my secret fishin hole before desoto anyway.

6. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

hey if i have a stock lx450 would it be possibel to run this trail with you guys? or am i looking at body damage?

thanks and where exactly do you guys plan on meeting?

mike

7. RHINO

RHINO

hey LX, i dont know about body damage. we havent run this trail yet. i think the most of the rocks will be whatever is in the wash part of the run, i dont belive this is a "rock crawling" type trail but it is supposed to be rough and tight... if you want to try it and decide to back out once you get there and have a look its fine by me. you could spend the remainder of the day sightseeing the area (crown king, horsethief pond) or driving back to prescott the back way (i think your in prescott?) even if you decide not to run the trail it would be worth the drive to have a look around the area anyway.
    we will be meeting on bloody basin rd exit off I-17, just a shade west on the dirt rd to get off the exit ramp. i'm thinking between 8-9 am

8. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey guys I'm out for this one. Even if the 40 is done by then I've got something else that's come up for that day. We'll have to catch up on the next one.

9. RHINO

RHINO

no biggie, over the years i have learned not to expect anyone to show, that way i dont get butt hurt when they dont and im excited when they do :)

10. RUSH55

RUSH55

Yeah, I can't make it either, I'm going to a Beanie Baby convention. Sorry dudes.

Yeah right! HAhahahahahahah!!

11. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    WHOA SLOW DOWN THERE RUSH! Just cause I'm into collectables don't mean you gotta go slammin me about it. I've been waiting for this convention to come to Phoenix for years. I've got one of the cleanest rarest examples of a 1996 Snowie the polar bear with blue nose stitching in the entire friggin country. I can't miss this show, I'm meeting a potential buyer there. If the deal goes down I'll have enough for those new Tera 60's.

12. RUSH55

RUSH55

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
    My wife will buy it from you right now dude!!!!

13. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Tell her to get my 60's ordered and I'll give her the drop ship address. Once I get the confirmation I'll meet her at an undisclosed rendesvous point to make the trade.

14. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

So who's in and out. Everyone out then? I may be keen.

15. hj60

hj60

I can't. :-\ Can't afford to take the weekend off.

16. RHINO

RHINO

i pretty much count everyone out until anyone actually shows the day of a run, but me and rush are still doin it.

on a side note, i will be posting info on an epic run i will be doing solo, i wouldnt expect anyone to join me for a 6 day trip but i'll give my route and times for anyone who wants to join up/meet me on a leg of it.

17. hj60

hj60

All I have to say to that is "photodocument your trip!" :D
    That's the kind of wheeling I would love to do. So for now, I'll live vicariously
    through you.

18. RUSH55

RUSH55

-on a side note, i will be posting info on an epic run i will be doing solo, i wouldnt expect anyone to join me for a 6 day trip but i'll give my route and times for anyone who wants to join up/meet me on a leg of it. -

WTH 6 day solo journey are you talkin' aboot? Not in Az?

19. RUSH55

RUSH55

-So who's in and out. Everyone out then? I may be keen.-

I'd say we have prolly a totol of about ~6 vehicles. Not all Toyota mind you, throw in a j**p or two, Chevy, get ourselves a mixer!

20. RHINO

RHINO

yup about 5-6 of us,,,,the suburban will be there.

dustin my 6 day trip will be all in-state, kind of a loop thing. i really wont be covering as much ground as one might think, i mean i'll be making a few stops staying a day or two in each.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">