desmogging 3fe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The notion has hit me to possibly attempt the 2fe conversion. Since my rig is a '73, and registered in Mississippi, I don't require smog testing. So, can the 3fe be desmogged, and would this make the conversion easier? Less tube and vacuum hose routing, and loosing the smog pump bracket would be the goal. I am guessing the computer may go nuts or something, and may need to be reflashed for a set-up as such. I intend on taking verything from the FJ62 anyway, but just wondering if I can ditch stuff to make the conversion easier? Thanks for any info you can provide!

you would probably run into a lot of little problems (idle, rich/lean, ect.). unless there is a way to tweak the computer. if you do it, make a thread.

The unsmogged 3F that we get in Australia also has the computer and it is wired the same as the NA 60.
I dont think it affects the smog equipment,it is only connected to the fuel cut solenoid and a vacuum sensor if I remember correctly.

I am learning alot here. Thanks much for the info from all, and the TT article. Does anyone know the fuel pressure required for the 3FE though? I'll be running an aftermarket external pump or compatible external pump from a donor vehicle. Any suggestions, or ideas?

THANKS AGAIN!

Factory service manual states that at idle you should have between 37-45 psi;

in this thread some where the guy mentions which pump he used for his 3FE conversion http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299474

Also if you have a parts 62 you can use the fuel pump in the tank.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom