desmogged thru emissions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 60 was de-smogged and had a bunch of dummy tubes hooked up to nothing and made it though AZ tests just fine (after cleaning out the carb)

'85 with @205k. runs strong like bull, so do you just throw the dummy lines on every 2 years for a day? did you desmog according to the article on this site? and looking back w/ 20/20 what kind of advice would or could you throw my way? "after cleaning out the carb" means a can of something, right? or does it involve some adjustments? thanks for your input

other than the gas cap test i dont think they do any kind of equipment check other than visual.

contrary to popular belief they do not check for EGR so you dont even have to dummy that.
air injection, PCV, charcoal can,,,, one other thing.

weather you can pass the sniffer is totally up to you and the rigs state of tune, i dont see why they need to have any equipment at all, they should just enforce the tailpipe emmissions but who am i?

link the page your are refferring to about desmogging.

If your cat is working properly, and you have no misfires, you will pass smog 80% of the time.
If you fail, lean out the carb a touch and you should be good to go. I had a vacuum leak, and
passed by a 50% margin on all gasses. A gutted HAC valve is a good way to lean it out
temporarily for the sniffer.
If all your smog equipment is in place, you will pass the visual.
If you have a 60, and go to the station on Peoria near 20th Ave, thay can't test your gas cap. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom