Desert Creek/Lobdel Lake Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No one will be at the scales Saturday morning. We are meeting at Risue Road and Sweetwater Road on Saturday morning around 730. Scroll up to see maps and details in this thread.

In #32, Mark suggested folks, on Saturday, could drive up Desert Creek Road... however I think the best game plan is for those coming in on Saturday to drive in on Risue Rd as previously discussed. From the scales, it's 20 minutes to the NV338/Risue Rd turn-off and 20 minutes to the camping site. The Desert Creek route to the camping site from the scales will take an hour or more.

A note for clarity: Sweetwater Road here is NV 338... not to be confused with the nearby Sweetwater Canyon Road.

Last edited:
Awesome! Just to verify we are meeting at these coordinates at 730 Saturday morning?

I’ll be there! There is a small turnout on Risue just off 338 that should fit us all for the meetup at 730.

I’ll be there! There is a small turnout on Risue just off 338 that should fit us all for the meetup at 730.

Well, Maybe... I needed to get the exhaust replaced on my :deadhorse: and didn't have the room here at the house with my 40 in pieces. So I farmed it out to a local shop over a week ago. I was supposed to get it back today (third due date), and surprise! They don't know if they'll have it done until Friday, maybe next week. So I will be there if I can. :(

In #32, Mark suggested folks, on Saturday, could drive up Desert Creek Road... however I think the best game plan is for those coming in on Saturday to drive in on Risue Rd as previously discussed. From the scales, it's 20 minutes to the NV338/Risue Rd turn-off and 20 minutes to the camping site. The Desert Creek route to the camping site from the scales will take an hour or more.

A note for clarity: Sweetwater Road here is NV 338... not to be confused with the nearby Sweetwater Canyon Road.

Now I'm confused.

Is the meetup at 38.585852, -119.325878 or at the camp site?

Now I'm confused.

Is the meetup at 38.585852, -119.325878 or at the camp site?

The official meet up is at the fork in the road of desert Creek and risue at 8AM. I offered to meet folks at the bottom of Risue earlier at 730 so we could roll up as a group.

The official meet place on Saturday is Riuse and Desert creek(camp spot) at 8:30 am. If you guys arrange an earlier meeting make sure you know where and what time. Someone should make a decision and let others know. Tony hope you can make it. Let the others know if not or they may be waiting for you.
As far as tires go AT should be fine. The only problem could be mud. Then some MT would be better. I i remember right the roads are more rocks and sand than mud. But I have not been up over to Lobdel and down to 395. So we shall see.

The official meet place on Saturday is Riuse and Desert creek(camp spot) at 8:30 am. If you guys arrange an earlier meeting make sure you know where and what time. Someone should make a decision and let others know. Tony hope you can make it. Let the others know if not or they may be waiting for you.
As far as tires go AT should be fine. The only problem could be mud. Then some MT would be better. I i remember right the roads are more rocks and sand than mud. But I have not been up over to Lobdel and down to 395. So we shall see.

My recommendation is that they head up to the campsite RV from 338 no later than 0745 no matter who is or is not there. That is my plan if, by some miracle, my Bronco is back together. I believe @MagmaFJ and @NV1971FJ40 and his friend plan on being at Risue and 338 around 0730.

Unfortunately I won't be able to camp Friday night... but will be up there Saturday morning. I'll have the route/topo loaded into my GPS app... can take point.

Yeah I am planning to be at Risue around the launch time. If I am late I will just head up. We will have the Ham rig on.

Photos

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

Nice pictures guys! I thought this was a beautiful place to run though. We were well supported by the FJC contingent in the club. Can't believe you guys can get all that stuff in those rigs. Esp Magma-brought the whole family and the dog(Valence). Glad I didn't have to camp alone-Thanks Loren.
And thanks for letting me tag along in my non-toyota. I love my truck. Wish it had a better approach and departure angle, lift.
Kurt was the perfect trail leader taking another road that bypassed the creek which was sure to get us in more mud, which we had enough of. And he fearlessly charged a snowdrift twice!:eek::nailbiting:-glad he was prepared with his winch!:cheers:
Will was the other odd man out with his FJ80. Very capable and sturdy rig, perfect for this type of run.(oh and Lisa and Will brought cupcakes! I love cake):hungry:

Well, what ever you call them the were delicious:). I guess calling it a breakfast muffin should ease my guilt for eating it:cool:. It tasted like healthy CAKE! Yummy!:hillbilly::hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom