Depo / Unique Style Racing Headlamps Legitimate? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with the brand/retailer Unique Style Racing (USR)?

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

I've been looking at these "Depo" 1-piece headlamp for a semi-necessary upgrade for my 2005 LC, as one of my turn signals is busted and the opposite side headlight lens has a hole. It seems worth it to just go with a new set of 1-piece clear headlamps.

The only Depo branded items I can find (other than those sold here by @ranma21 ) are on Ebay and Amazon for about $263 and $276 respectively, including shipping, before taxes.

They can also be found at the Unique Style Racing website for $210 and $43 for shipping. They don't seem to charge tax, so it comes out to $253. This is $33 dollars cheaper than the Ebay route, which comes to $286 with tax. All of these listings seem to be run by the same entity, as they all ship out of Rancho Cucamonga, California.

$253 seems like a pretty good price for a set of Depo headlights, given their solid reputation here. So here's the question: are the Depo brand you all know and (possibly) love or is this a Unique Style Racing bait and switch? I've seen no reference to the brand here on Mud.

On inspection of the photos, they all have the Depo branding on the back plastic:

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_1e19d857-4781-4f1d-a76a-8a2f69a9afef_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

And they say that they're made in Taiwan:

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_c62ac123-cd16-41e4-b489-ce64de0f2a26_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

Can anyone with Depo headlights speak to how these look compared to their own?

If nothing else, I figured that there ought to be some discourse around these headlamps as an option.

If cost is a factor and/or you prefer black to chrome, the AmeriLite headlight replacements are $210 w/ free shipping on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B07V5XCJT8

I bought a set of them off ebay mid-Oct and paid $287 with tax. I don't have any previous experience with Depo products, but have had them installed for a couple of weeks now - they seem to be high quality, legit Depo lights. Shipping was fast, packaged well with depo stickers on both the outside and inner boxes. Simple to install (be sure to get some of the push pin/retainer clips for the top corner - there are other threads on this) and look good. They have a decent light output/pattern, but I'm planning on doing a projector retrofit in the next few weeks anyway.

that's around the same price I pay for the 2006-7 depos. Usually I find them for 125 or less each. It's been a few years though.

Perfect for retrofit. I like that 06 style HL housing, looks modern.

It was my understanding that headlights changed after 2004 starting 2005. I would love to improve the light output for my 2004 LC. Last time I checked Depo website, they didn't have one for pre 2005.

Does anyone have experience with the brand/retailer Unique Style Racing (USR)?

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

I've been looking at these "Depo" 1-piece headlamp for a semi-necessary upgrade for my 2005 LC, as one of my turn signals is busted and the opposite side headlight lens has a hole. It seems worth it to just go with a new set of 1-piece clear headlamps.

The only Depo branded items I can find (other than those sold here by @ranma21 ) are on Ebay and Amazon for about $263 and $276 respectively, including shipping, before taxes.

They can also be found at the Unique Style Racing website for $210 and $43 for shipping. They don't seem to charge tax, so it comes out to $253. This is $33 dollars cheaper than the Ebay route, which comes to $286 with tax. All of these listings seem to be run by the same entity, as they all ship out of Rancho Cucamonga, California.

$253 seems like a pretty good price for a set of Depo headlights, given their solid reputation here. So here's the question: are the Depo brand you all know and (possibly) love or is this a Unique Style Racing bait and switch? I've seen no reference to the brand here on Mud.

On inspection of the photos, they all have the Depo branding on the back plastic:

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_1e19d857-4781-4f1d-a76a-8a2f69a9afef_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

And they say that they're made in Taiwan:

1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-Made-by-USR-Lighting-Unique-Style-Racing-1998-2005-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ100-Crystal-Clear-Headlights-with-Corner-Light-M_c62ac123-cd16-41e4-b489-ce64de0f2a26_571x@2x.progressive.jpg

Can anyone with Depo headlights speak to how these look compared to their own?

If nothing else, I figured that there ought to be some discourse around these headlamps as an option.

$220 shipped right now on their website using the Black Friday code.

Wish they had the blacked out ones

I would advise anyone against these if you have a 98-99 as we have glass headlights that will never "yellow" or need to be polished.

I would advise anyone against these if you have a 98-99 as we have glass headlights that will never "yellow" or need to be polished.

One of my headlights has a chip.
Any recs on which light to use with this housing? The output is sub par.

One of my headlights has a chip.

Any recs on which light to use with this housing? The output is sub par.
I threw in HID bulbs and have been happy.....

This was years ago, I think it was a generic one of of amazon - I have Never been flashed! that being said, I did not get the brightest possible bulb as to avoid blinding others.

I installed the high beam bulb (65W) with a small mod (see below) to the bulb in the low beam compartment. It is bright, but if you decide to go with OEm new housings, I got a pair each was $170 or so shipped from Toyota of Decatur.
I am very happy with the light output with the 65W bulb in the low beam.

All you got to do is to cut the two plastic tabs inside the 65W bulb to mount directly into the wire plug. You'll also need a bigger O-ring as well. Everything was like $10. I have Hello bulbs

I did a thread on this about an year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom