DEPO + HID Projectors en route (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got the email from Nick (2000UZJ) that my newly retrofitted Depo kit will be headed this way tomorrow morning.

I'll update the thread when they arrive, maybe with some before/after shots. Very excited to get 'em bolted in. They'll be quite useful on the 200+ mile Thanksgiving drive to my mom's place in the middle-of-nowhere CO southeast.
image-3669262004.jpg
image-311484531.jpg

Ah man, I want!

Bolted the Depo assemblies in yesterday and, with Nick's telephone guidance, got everything wired up. Love the look and the light is amazing. Definitely recommend Nick's services for those of us who are just learning to wrench and know nothing about wiring projectors/ballasts/resistors/etc.

That road shot is the low beams, gonna get out in the country with the highs tonight.
image-1708950606.jpg
image-2993266064.jpg
image-2059886646.jpg

Link to the lights???

I bought a pair of Depo assemblies and had them shipped to Nick (2000UZJ) for the retrofit. PM him for more info and he'll get you fixed up.

iPhone pic doesn't do them justice, but the bixenon setup Nick shipped me is an incredible improvement the OEM setup. Now I'm shopping LED bars and the like for that crazy throw for pitch black drives through the backcountry.
image-2224371648.jpg

Like others here, I am curious to know what pieces you used and prices, including Nick's work. Looks good. Cheers, J

Thanks guys! Prices all depend on what components and options you choose. I typically build a 3" D2S projector for the 80's. It looks much better in the Depo's as it fills out the headlight a lot better. The 80 is a large vehicle, 2.5" lens just looks small. Rev1911 also opted for OEM Phillips bulbs, which drives up the cost another $100, then again the output is well worth the money over aftermarket HID bulbs. Please PM for pricing, each person is going to differ. The average price is right around $525, this includes parts (modified 3" projectors, bulbs, ballast, relay, splitters, diagram). Labor (~4-5hrs) as well as shipping to your door. The Depo headlights are your responsibility/downpayment as I do not request payment until the job is 100% complete and both sides are happy before shipping. So I can't come out of pocket for the parts, headlights, and my time to find out that you backed out. I'm not trying to sound rude. Parts have a 5 year warranty, labor is lifetime. I'll even pick up the phone at 3AM to trouble shoot, even if it's at the most inconvenient time for me, I'll step out to assist.

Thanks again Corrigan, please let me know if you need anything in the future.

I wish I could a set like these to South Africa :) :)

I can ship to ya! :)

Last edited:
Having done several retros myself, I will have to say that is a very good price!!!! I remember the days that the parts ALONE would have been 700+. Headlights not included.

Thanks guys! Prices all depend on what components and options you choose. I typically build a 3" D2S projector for the 80's. It looks much better in the Depo's as it fills out the headlight a lot better. The 80 is a large vehicle, 2.5" lens just looks small. Rev1911 also opted for OEM Phillips bulbs, which drives up the cost another $100, then again the output is well worth the money over aftermarket HID bulbs. Please PM for pricing, each person is going to differ. The average price is right around $525, this includes parts (modified 3" projectors, bulbs, ballast, relay, splitters, diagram). Labor (~4-5hrs) as well as shipping to your door. The Depo headlights are your responsibility/downpayment as I do not request payment until the job is 100% complete and both sides are happy before shipping. So I can't come out of pocket for the parts, headlights, and my time to find out that you backed out. I'm not trying to sound rude. Parts have a 5 year warranty, labor is lifetime. I'll even pick up the phone at 3AM to trouble shoot, even if it's at the most inconvenient time for me, I'll step out to assist.

Thanks again Corrigan, please let me know if you need anything in the future.

I can ship to ya! :)

$525 including the depots? Is this available in the states? I live in ny

No, not including the depo headlights. And yes available in the states. 2000UZJ is in Atlanta.

Any pics of where the ballast was mounted?

Hey nick this is gman 317, i have a 1997 lexus lx450 would love to have the depo headlights with hid projector . How do i get started, my email: gsmith6259@aol.com ,tel#313 574-7885

Chop up your grill to fit LC headlamps?

Oops I thought that question was directed at me

Hey, Nick, sending you a PM to get a set of headlights built.

Drove back from a day on the trails, a 3.5 hour drive that took 5.0 hours because of road/weather conditions. The stock headlights definitely did not help. Definitely time for an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom