Depo headlights side markers compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Just got a set of DEPO headlights on ebay, but I don't think my side markers will fit them. Currently I have quad headlights (converted from NA OEM) and I remember having to buy the corners as well. Will my corners from quad headlights fit the DEPO euro headlights?
1630007821632.png

Thanks

Will my corners from quad headlights fit the DEPO euro headlights?
Are the quad corner lights different than stock?

I replaced my LX450 stock corner lights with clear lens from eBay. Then I installed Depos. The corner lights fit without any problem with the Depos.

A931CE76-2A81-4516-BB18-046E7E8DD535.jpeg

32A2B73F-C3F1-4899-BADF-BDA91D185474.jpeg

I'm almost 100% positive that the quads do have different corners, and I'm almost sure I had to buy them. If NA OEM's corners fit, then the quad corners might not fit and I will need to get the original style of corners.

I'm thinking of doing the retrofit as well, did you have a write up? I found a few here but wondered how you did it.

I don’t have a write up, but there are plenty on the web. Pretty easy really.

The basics are:
Heat a housing in the oven at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes. Don’t over heat them. The housing will melt and warp. Better to not heat them enough.
Pull the two half’s of the housing apart slowly using some plastic wedge tools. Clean the old adhesive off. It goes off fairly easy just my scraping and wiping. I didn’t use any solvents.
Load the projectors, apply adhesive strip, heat and close the housing.

Except for the Depos, I bought everything I needed at the Retrofit Source. They are familiar with Depos and will help you buy everything needed.

I loaded Morimoto D2S projectors in the larger low beam side of the housing. The high beam side is smaller, but can be loaded also. I’m not sure, but I think people is Morimoto D1 projectors.

Last edited:
Are those eBay lights a good quality?
If you mean the clear corner lights, then yes, I’m happy with them. Good fit and they’ve held up well.

If you mean the clear corner lights, then yes, I’m happy with them. Good fit and they’ve held up well.
I will most likely order a clear set.

I do have some experience with retrofit, i’m mostly curious what shroud did you use and how much room do you have inside? I was using the gt-r shroud which is around 60mil in depth, but they have other ones around 30mil.

I will mostly likely go with the acme super projectors for the budget.

i’m mostly curious what shroud did you use and how much room do you have inside?
I used the most plain shroud available, which was also one of the smallest. I don’t have the sizing.

The retrofit source is having an End of Summer sale, which I think ends today, 08/29/2021.

AD6C5B74-5293-411C-A905-2B09981132D6.jpeg

CE25ECCB-C75D-4E2A-9229-95AABD654FF1.jpeg

I used the most plain shroud available, which was also one of the smallest. I don’t have the sizing.
Those are the same ones I used. One of the best mods I have done to date.

I meant the headlights. Recently I got a set of Depo corner lights and when I removed the stock corner lights I discovered that the lower mounting hole for the corner lights on both sides were broken off so now I'm thinking about getting new headlights.

I meant the headlights. Recently I got a set of Depo corner lights and when I removed the stock corner lights I discovered that the lower mounting hole for the corner lights on both sides were broken off so now I'm thinking about getting new headlights.
The Depo headlights are good quality. The fit was right on the money, they’re holding up over time, the lenses are remaining clear. Happy customer.

The Morimoto D2S projector lamps are very good quality. Great cutoff, brightness, and operation. They were a very large improvement over the stock headlights. Highly recommended.

You can get rectangle headlamps with just the projectors in them. Then put in LED, HID, or halogen bulbs inside the projectors. Anyway just an option so you are aware of it.
Could you linked some examples?

I went as far as trying to retrofit a projector inside a 4x6, there just isnt enough space inside without making your own poly light cover.

Could you linked some examples?

I went as far as trying to retrofit a projector inside a 4x6, there just isnt enough space inside without making your own poly light cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom