Depo headlights for rhd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
Hey all.

I have a 92 fj80 rhd jdm model

I'm wondering if the depo lights will work.

I've read some stuff about the jdm and usdm headlights focusing lights differently.

Just wanted to know for those who have them installed if the depo lights do the same thing.

Also I know my lights are H4 and h1 for fog.

Can the Depo use the same lights back or do they have to be changed?

Thanks
Dan

I've read some stuff about the jdm and usdm headlights focusing lights differently.

Your profile says you're in Jamaica and the Internet says Jamaica drives on the left side.

Assuming that's true, if you use LHD headlights, you'll blind oncoming traffic.

It sounds like Depo makes RHD housings:

The LHD Depo headlights use H4 for the outer lights and H1 for the inner. I assume that's the case for any RHD version. For US-market 80s that means you need to do some custom wiring. Sounds like you won't need to.

Your profile says you're in Jamaica and the Internet says Jamaica drives on the left side.

The LHD Depo headlights use H4 for the outer lights and H1 for the inner. I assume that's the case for any RHD version. For US-market 80s that means you need to do some custom wiring. Sounds like you won't need to.

My question is. Is the depo lights universal for both rhd and lhd or does it mimic the oem and throws the beams to a certain side? The descriptions on them don't say whether it's for a lhd only or rhd only

My question is. Is the depo lights universal for both rhd and lhd or does it mimic the oem and throws the beams to a certain side? The descriptions on them don't say whether it's for a lhd only or rhd only
The cutoff flares up to the respective roadside. I’ve driven vehicles with RHD beam patterns on US highways and it wasn’t a big deal, but they were low. A suv would probably be a different story.

The adjustment screws won't be able to make adjustments to get it right?

I just find it hard to find a set of lights specifically for the rhd models

The adjustment screws won't be able to make adjustments to get it right?

Do some research on the difference in light patterns. Depo LHD lamps use a "Euro" cutoff. It's a sharp cutoff that kicks up on the right hand side at something like 30 degrees.

I just find it hard to find a set of lights specifically for the rhd models

Look for sellers from RHD countries.

I think you've been down this road before? Drive on the left side of the road, vehicle is RHD.

OP should be installing lights designed for a RHD as they focus low beam to the outer edge of the road, not toward oncoming traffic.

To get DOT approval, the lights should focus the low beam away from oncoming drivers

I think you've been down this road before? Drive on the left side of the road, vehicle is RHD.

OP should be installing lights designed for a RHD as they focus low beam to the outer edge of the road, not toward oncoming traffic.

To get DOT approval, the lights should focus the low beam away from incoming drivers

Hmm interesting. I was looking options incase mine need to change. I was testing them today (vehicle yet to be driven) and I realized my right headlamp isn't as bright as the left. So I'm changing the bulbs to led to see if it makes a difference. Or I'm not sure if that how they were designed.

Also do you know of anyone has a solution to of the adjusters stop working or the gears wear out?

I'm an over thinker and I think of all worst case things to happen. And just feel better knowing there is a solution to if It does get f###ed especially since it's a 30y/o head lamp.

Yeah, that's what I said.

I have a rhd with the lhd depo lights.
I kept my OEM fogs in the spot where the usdm high beams are and kept my JDM high beams. It's quite simple. They bolt right in and the light cutoff is fine.

But as stated, if you're driving on the left side you want standard rhd head lights.

Couple shots

20220722_152717.jpg

20220722_231041.jpg

This is when i installed them right after a small crash.
20220227_132854.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom