DEPO Crystal Clear Lights - Ebay - Neondials (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i finally got around to installing my Crystal Clear lights from ebay seller Neondials this weekend. I bought the front blinkers, parking lights and rear tail lights. the package i got was not for the coveted LED lights, but rather the basic bulb style that came with the 80's. The front blinkers were DEPO brand and fit perfectly direct fit and even came with bulbs and a wiring harness. the front parking lights were also DEPO's and fit perfectly as well, they however did not come with orange bulbs so i will have to go out and buy a set of them, fit was again excellent. the tail lights were the only part of the set that were not official DEPO brand lights, so the fit and finish was not quite as good as the Blinkers and parking lights, however all of the stock bulbs fit and they bolted right onto the truck, even came with the screw's to attach to the truck.

anyhow, took about 30 minutes to bolt everything up and, they look great and really make the truck look a lot newer! enjoy the pictures. and for anyone looking to buy these the guy Neondials ships really fast i had them delivered like 3 days after i bought them!

Parking Lights and Tails
91-97 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER RED & CLEAR TAIL LIGHT+CORNER - eBay (item 310289349066 end time Feb-17-11 23:10:18 PST)

Front Blinkers
96 97 LEXUS LX450 / LX 450 CLEAR BUMPER LIGHTS + BULBS - eBay (item 310294212611 end time Mar-09-11 00:35:49 PST)

02202011166.jpg

02202011170.jpg

02202011174.jpg

02202011171.jpg

Crappy Camera phone pictures, i really should take the time to use a real camera when i make these postings :bang:

I just got the same exact sets. Just need to put on the corner lights now. Easy install, fit was better than expected. And the truck does look just a bit more up to date. I'd recommend them for the price, too. $145 for all of them with the bulbs.

Nice taste in vehicles.... I like the tail lamps. I'm going to add those to my shopping list.

I have the DEPO brand LX450 corners. The fit on those was not so good.

IMG_5537.jpg

Not a good fit? I really believe its somewhat hit or miss with these replacement lights, the market for these just isnt as high as for say a civic so less quality manufactures produce them keeping the quality control lower.. The ones i bought fit nicely, not oe mind you but pretty close!

I put the exact same lights on my White 97 80 and they look and work great. Fit was perfect. Makes it look like a new rig.

Nice taste in vehicles.... I like the tail lamps. I'm going to add those to my shopping list.

I have the DEPO brand LX450 corners. The fit on those was not so good.

Was the fit issue a big deal?

Anyone put the Depos on an LX...I'm sure...but today am a lazy searcher...just wondering how much of an issue the grill difference is?

Just installed the exact same set. But I replaced the tail light and reverse bulbs with LED's. Going to get all four turn signals in led's soon as well. Fit and finish was good on mine, not perfect, but for $125 for everything, thats not bad at all... oh, and mine came with all new bulbs, even though I didnt use them.

Was the fit issue a big deal?

Anyone put the Depos on an LX...I'm sure...but today am a lazy searcher...just wondering how much of an issue the grill difference is?

The corner lenses for a LC and LX450 should be interchangable as far as fit. The trim looks a little different between early and late years of LC but the fit is the same. On my previous LC I had put OEM original LX450 corners on it and they had fit perfectly.

On my new truck and new corner lamps (which are LX450 replicas with the amber reflector, made by DEPO, sold by SoCalVWparts), the top screw hole did not line up, and the lamp housings had huge gaps at the rear edge. The original lamps I removed had fit perfectly, so it's not my truck. I had to rig the DEPO corners to look halfway decent. In hindsight I would have paid the extra $$ for OEM Lexus originals.

That being said, the crystal bumper lenses, like the original poster above has, fit mine very well but not 100% perfect.

The corner lenses for a LC and LX450 should be interchangable as far as fit. The trim looks a little different between early and late years of LC but the fit is the same. On my previous LC I had put OEM original LX450 corners on it and they had fit perfectly.

On my new truck and new corner lamps (which are LX450 replicas with the amber reflector, made by DEPO, sold by SoCalVWparts), the top screw hole did not line up, and the lamp housings had huge gaps at the rear edge. The original lamps I removed had fit perfectly, so it's not my truck. I had to rig the DEPO corners to look halfway decent. In hindsight I would have paid the extra $$ for OEM Lexus originals.

That being said, the crystal bumper lenses, like the original poster above has, fit mine very well but not 100% perfect.

Sorry....I should clarify...I was talking about the headlamps. If you look at an LX to and LC the grill is slightly different.

Right, what he said...just wondering if anyone has trimmed the grill (if trimming is needed) to made Depos fit on an LX.

How's it going. I've searched some threads including this one and just want to confirm that the OEM side marker lights on a 96-97 LX450 will fit on a 1994 LC with w/out having to do any mods. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I have the same taillight!:doh:

I'm fairly sure the LX450 corners will fit just fine... BUT the chrome trim is slightly different on 1994 and older cruisers. It won't match exactly, but the difference would be minor.

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I am in the middle of changing out my lights to DEPO lights, with the LEDs in the back and the incandescents in the fronts. I now have the clear corner lights but I am having issues with finding direct replacement orange bulbs.

I have seen some threads on converting these to turn signals and although this sounds nice, I was looking more for an orange light bulb replacement rather than a rewiring of the light.

Does anyone have a part number or reference for this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I am in the middle of changing out my lights to DEPO lights, with the LEDs in the back and the incandescents in the fronts. I now have the clear corner lights but I am having issues with finding direct replacement orange bulbs.

I have seen some threads on converting these to turn signals and although this sounds nice, I was looking more for an orange light bulb replacement rather than a rewiring of the light.

Does anyone have a part number or reference for this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Just buy some orange LED's off ebay. They're 1157 type bulbs for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom