Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, been in the works for a bit, and I was looking for a quarter section (800m x 800m plot of land roughly 160 acres) for a year or so now but everything is so expensive and it's still a crappy home or far out of town. So anyway the girlfriend was game to get a place together so we had more money we could play with and spent some real big cash getting this little peice of paridise. GF was ok with this 9 year old shop house, with open shop below and living quarters above, so now we are moving in on Sunday!
667543_102.jpg

We've let the previous owners stay there for a month as they don't get possession till July for their new place in Vernon, but they did let us move a few things out there already, as you can see below, my 42's are already out there (next to the new ford I aquired with the place ;) )then my buddies Adam and Jay helped move my big shop shed out there as well.
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

Bought a 66 ford to help out with some farm duties! ;)
IMG_0436.JPG

Then early this week I had a helicopter job we went out on and flew out of Fort St. John airport and happend to swing over the new place which is just 15 min out of town, so I got a few aerial shots too! The first photo is from the SW and the house isn't visable in the little opening between the two big fields as it is hiding behind the trees. Second one is from the NE flying almost above the northern field.
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG

That is very cool! Congrats! (I'm jealous!) Got any plans for the land (other than LC storage?)

Might as well get married now and be real broke! :D

That's awesome Deny!
Nice that it is forested and private. Jealous of that much space.

Looks great! Congrats Deny. :cheers:

Thanks guys, Right now it just has the few hay fields and the guy set it up for hunting really nicely and had a lot trophy elk and bucks he got off the property, I'll probably keep up his work, except maybe not seed little patches of oats or peas as I don't really plan on putting too much work into that, but I do hope to eventually start haying it myself and getting square bales off it (this is big round bale country so square bales are hard to come by) and grow weed free hay so I can sell them to the oil and gas industry, in which i work. There are about 5km of trials which i hope to upgrade any wet spots and maintain by mowing so I can run in them and Amanda really wants to bring her horse out there so will probably have to do a bit of work with setting up shelter and area for it. The trees will keep getting used as they die for fire wood as the place can be heated by a wood stove in the shop, and other then that it will be used for recreation. I might one day build a big shop there and slowly start my long time goal of a cruiser junk yard (course it has been explained to me it has to be out of sight ;) ) which will be more of a hobby type retirement project where I will build all sorts of cool cruisers.

And Yeah as for private, it is on a dead end road about a mile back from the main paved road out to Montney which doesn't see too much traffic, and the house is set up in the middle of the quarter which again makes it really private. It is perfect for a people hating guy like me ;) (No I don't hate all people, but stupid people yes, and you all know how many stupid people are out there;) )

Where's the work truck ?

Very cool Deny, my GF just bought a 1.1 acre place in Coldstream (Vernon), looking forward to moving in. No big shop, but at least theres some land to build on. There is a smallish shop/ carports/ implement sheds that will suffice for now. Congrats to you

Thanks Phil, yeah slept there last night and man it was silent, no screeming babies or pipeliners rap music, just the mosquitos buzzing ;) Neil, the work truck got loaded up, hauled to new place and now resides in the shop till I get all organized in there, might not get touched till the winter ;(
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG

Lookin good bud.

Glad to see the move was a success. Congrats, again. :)

Ha ha, I wouldn't say total success, I got a frigen broken nose from it! Me and Jim were pulling on a spare 60 axle I had in my shed, which shook it a bit and a leaned up 2x4 fell over and smacked me right in the nose! ;)

Did finish weeding the garden last night and seen my first big wildlife, big dear ran accross the field just infront of the house, and this morning a grouse flew infront of my truck on the driveway. I can 't wait to see a black bear or moose! Second pic is other end of the shop, backed wagon with trailer in there, so much more room than my old shop, can't wait to start wrenching in there!
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG

Farm out! (I've always wanted to say that in context) :beer:

Thanks Guys, Yeah I saw on face book Dan's building a shop. My brother Jim's been farming Landcruisers for a few years now ;)

looks bad ass, can't wait to check it out, may have to bring my trailer and haul that ford to our ford farm though, what tranny and motor does it have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom