SOLD Denver, Colorado : Zero Rust 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser in Thundercloud Silver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
I will try and post pics as soon as I can.

This isn't some random Land Cruiser at a tote the note lot with unknown maintenance, unknown history, unknown possible issues, etc.

Location: I am located in Colorado, on the west side of Denver

Background:

I have owned this awesome rig for more than 7 years now, and I have driven it for most of the miles that are on the odometer. My job has required a true off-road capable vehicle in the past, and there were some big changes this year that will only require an off-road vehicle for possibly 10% or less of the time, of which my wife's GX460 will suffice. I used to live in Texas and bought this truck there with less than 100,000 miles on the clock before we moved to Colorado.

Condition:

Thundercloud Silver paint
The condition overall is very good for a Texas to Colorado truck with 254,xxx miles.

There is ZERO true rust on the frame, body parts, fenders, control arms, etc. I refuse to own and wrench on a truck that has rust after being spoiled earlier in my life on cars with zero rust. The paint has rock chips commensurate with 250xxx miles and life in Colorado on our wonderful roads. It still looks very nice overall in this color, which I feel is one of the best, but I am partial..... There is some paint rash on the front bumper and side steps caused from rough underbrush I had to go through for my work. My plan was to get an aftermarket bumper and remove the side steps anyways.

There are 3 small - 1/4" rock spots on the windshield, but none are directly in the normal-line-of-sight/view of the driver or passenger.

The interior is the light gray colored leather with multi-tone gray accents and the wood trim applique. The driver's seat has some wear on the bottom side bolster where I slide in and out, but, the leather is still soft and not torn, and not badly discolored just in this area. The rest of the seats look very nice with no wear or issues on them, and the electric controllers all work with no issues. I do still have the third row seats to be included as well, and they are perfect also. The headliner is still very clean, never smoked in, and the padding and material still looks great.

The moonroof and all controls work perfect, and there are no leaks when washing it or going through a hard rain. All the window controls work well and go up and down with the Automatic up or down function. The driver's door lock doesn't work great when it is hot outside, but I have a brand New AISIN (made in Japan) complete door lock assembly to replace it, but I haven't had time (it will be included with the sale). This truck has the 6 disc changer in the center console and it works perfectly, as well as the radio has full function. The touch screen was replaced approximately 30K miles ago, and works and looks perfect. This truck has Navigation and still works well. The speedo and all the gauges work correctly and all the backlighting works also. The steering column electrics and mechanics work well and are quiet.

The engine bay is clean and the engine is dry overall, except for some remnant coloration from light seepage from the valvecovers that stopped after tightening the bolts slightly. There are no drips or drops.

This is the VVTi version with the highest horsepower and I can tell you that it runs like a Japanese watch! I do know there is a definite power difference that can be felt between the '06-'07's with VVTi and the earlier models. It uses little to no oil between changes at 10K-12K intervals, and I bet it looks new inside, as the oil is very clean and light brown when changed at these intervals. We used OEM or Aisin parts only on all of the timing belt, WP, thermostat belts, hoses, clamps, idlers, tensioner , fan bracket, new clutch for the fan, etc. at 230K miles, including a new Denso Radiator and OEM radiator cap for preventative maintenance (it never got warm before, but I didn't want the radiator going on me when I was up in the mountains for work with no cell signal). The engine temp has never been over 1/2 on the gauge, and it always runs a little below 1/2.

The transmission shifts great and has no bobbles and no leaks. I have never changed the fluid, but it does of course have the huge cooler from the factory up front as well. I have never pulled any super heavy trailers, and when I have pulled a light trailer, it has been rare. The u joints and shafts are all original, and quiet.

The exhaust is all stock. It has always passed all the emissions tests with flying colors, at the smog station or the roadside quick checks at the on-ramps.

The truck has front and rear AC and it works well and gets very cold. It blows very hard and will cool off this big truck quick!

Maintenance:

I don't document everything with tons of receipts because I do 99% of it all myself and never expected to even consider selling, but I can say that I don't skimp on maintenance or perform half-a$$ed repairs.

-Oil changes at 10,000-12,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 High mileage 5w30 since it had 90K miles, including greasing the U joints

-Original OEM Timken wheel bearings and spindles greased and serviced at 110K and 220K with Redline CV2 grease, they look perfect

-Synthetic gear oil in diffs and transfer case at 120K and 240K miles

-Disc Brake Australia Brakes installed at 110K miles, and serviced again (turned and new DBA pads again) at 210K miles, still in good shape currently

-Timing belt done at 95K with Aisin parts, and again at 230K miles with Aisin parts (see below)

-Heater tees replaced at 120K and again at 230K as preventative maintenance

-New Duracell USA made AGM battery replaced at 230K miles (bought from Batteries plus this past year, has a 4 year warranty)

-Factory original Fuel injectors cleaned and tested (I have the test results) and reinstalled as preventative maintenance

- New Denso O2 sensors upstream and downstream (4 sensors replaced)

The Mods:

1. OME/ARB medium full lift kit with OME torsion bars and OME shocks, still in good shape and rides and drives well , the front is still set relatively low, not leveled out, because I haven't done a diff drop kit.

2. Disc Brakes Australia - 4x4 survival series T3 Rotors and DBA pads - barely turned only .005 to clean the surface at approximately 220K

3. Weathertech mats on all three rows

4. New Depo headlights and Sylvania premium bulbs for low and high beam, and new Sylvania amber bulbs at 253K miles

5. Small Kidde fire extinguiser mounted in rear hatch (easily removed to install third row seat on Passenger side)

6. Cabin air filter system OEM (not yet installed, all new parts will be included to perform a factory-type install)

7. Nitto Trail Grappler tires 305/65R18 with ~40% tread life remaining - these have been going 70K+ miles on average for me

8. Morel component 6.5 speakers in the front doors, and 2 ways in the rear doors, and they sound great. I have a brand new SKAR 6.5 Subwoofer for the factory sub box, but it hasn't been installed yet.

Replaced parts:

1. Antenna mast insert replaced with OEM at approximately 150K miles after a mishap with a low tree branch

2. New media interface touch screen replaced at 220K miles

3. New OEM Steering wheel ribbon wire assembly for Airbag at 200K miles

4. New Denso Radiator assembly at 230K

5. Real Aisin Timing belt kit

6. New OEM idlers for accessory belts

7. New Aisin fan bracket

8. New Aisin Fan Clutch

9. OEM radiator hoses and clamps, and small coolant hoses that go to front of engine as well

10. New Denso Fuel pump installed at 240K

11. Reman'd OEM Denso Starter replaced original working starter when intake pulled

12. New Denso O2 sensors on all 4 locations replaced at 252K miles

13. New OEM factory fuel cap

14. New OEM knock sensors while I was under the intake

15. New OEM CV inner and outer boots installed on the factory original axles, which are in great shape, installed at 254,XXX miles

16. New CV drive hubs to minimize driveline clunk, installed when CV boots were replaced at 254,xxx miles

17. New Aisin door lock actuator installed at 254,600 miles

18. New gas struts for hood and hatch replaced at 230k miles

19. New Denso iridium spark plugs and New NGK coil boot kits included in the boxes.

New Replacement parts included but not yet installed:

1. New OEM Evaporator core cover with slot for cabin air filters, the cover that goes over the slot, and two new Toyota factory cabin air filters are all included

2. OEM sway bar bushings to replace worn bushings and tighten up the suspension a bit

3. Mahl brand valvecover seal complete kit, for when it is needed

4. New Denso iridium spark plugs and New NGK coil boot kits included in the boxes.

5. SKAR 6.5 subwoofer

I think there is more that I am forgetting, but for now, I will post this here to see who might be interested.

This is a super tough choice to even consider selling it, as my entire family and I truly love this rig.

I have the title with my name on it in-hand and it has no liens.

This will be an individual sale, as I am not a dealer.

I just had it go through the emissions test today and it passed with flying colors on the I/M 240 test

PRICE:

$20,500

Please feel free to PM me to exchange info so that we can chat or feel free to text or call me at 72zero-27two-5seven56

I can hopefully share some pics as well over the phone/text or email. Went to get more and better pics tonight and got rained out...
0CAF2B6A-2775-4884-8069-C9E75401E7F7.jpeg
8AECD36D-2F60-4B9C-AA91-8F8AFCD39765.jpeg

B6BEB59A-4F61-4C0D-B72E-0763122FE5A5.jpeg

F4B6E4EF-D7D1-497E-8851-6BA3F428A1C1.jpeg

Last edited:
I also have a new carfax report that I ran this morning, showing no accidents and all is good, and I can share that with interested parties.

E3F8C77B-C19E-4A94-9A5A-98CDF2E99749.jpeg

32E17C7F-8FF8-40CA-BFCB-7691F6EACE2D.jpeg

ED42C2E7-0315-4F88-A889-9B1757C7BBA1.jpeg

02FD35FA-DB5A-43E6-AA65-C2E7C8212A8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Updated the ad info with the news that I am having the driver’s door lock actuator replaced today by a local shop. I am replacing the failing original with a Japanese made Aisin complete assembly for longevity and quality for the next owner.

I added that I replaced the gas struts for the hood and the rear hatch about a year ago.

I also have the carfax available that I can email over.

I forgot that I have upgraded the speakers a while back to Morel components in the front doors and 2 ways in the rear doors, and I am including a SKAR 6.5 Subwoofer for the hatch that the new owner can install

Today, my wife drove this Rig with my kiddo in the back to a park with a river flowing through it; she came back even more attached to it now that we are even considering selling it.....

This is the toughest vehicle to let go of that I have ever owned. PERIOD. Never been really that sentimental before... and my wife is certainly not sentimental of cars.

Hoping to show the few flaws on the truck in the pics, and these are nit-picky details, but I think it is fair to show them.

My plan was to go get at least a nice new steel front bumper and possibly a rear as well, but that isn’t in the cards now with this rig for sale.

Needless to say also, you can see how clean and rust free this beast is!

Dang this is a really nice rig and so well taken care of. I just picked up my new to me 07 LX or I'd be calling. Hopefully this goes to a good home.

Hello Rich22201, did you get my PM?
The PM acted weird and I am not sure the message sent.

Back in town now and this Land Cruiser is still available for sale. I am around most afternoons this week to show the truck.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
The mileage is a little higher than ideal for me, but it sounds like you have taken really good care of it. Thanks for the extensive detail in your posts. Would you mind sharing the Carfax with me?

Update, New Denso Iridium plugs and coil boots installed

Price drop : now $20,500, and needing to sell with more hurry because of unforeseen medical costs out of pocket for my sick stepson

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, the price is too high for how high I miles it has. I see you've put a lot of money in repairs though.

Thanks Bill, I understand your view on this.

I have put well more than $5,000 in repairs and maintenance to make sure it is a solid truck for the future owner.

I am seeing earlier model trucks and some 06-07’s with more wear and tear or rust being priced similarly or for more.

In saying that, my price is negotiable if I have a truly interested buyer as I do have more urgency to sell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom