For Sale Denver: 2003 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(160, 169, 190)
Selling my 2003 LX470. This truck is in good condition, except for a persistent steering issue (?) that I have not had the time or energy to finish figuring out. Please see this thread:

Diagnosing Violent-Jerking Steering Issue (VGRS) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/diagnosing-violent-jerking-steering-issue-vgrs.1300625/page-2#post-14863200

I’m confident this issue can be fixed with some persistence, but I’ve decided to move on to another rig. My loss is your gain. Happy to provide as much information about the history of the vehicle as I can, but it has always been a CA/CO vehicle and the frame condition reflects that. I’ve owned it since Jan 2019. Clean title. Includes 2 keys and original flat/wallet key.

Maintenance Highlights (I’m sure I’m forgetting some things)
  • VGRS Actuator Replaced
  • Front end of the motor (including timing belt) R&R with Toyota parts by 2001LC
  • DBA Front Pads and Front Rotors
  • Brake Fluid flushed with Toyota fluid
  • Knuckles and needle bearings R&R’d with new seals
  • Wheel Bearings Replaced
  • Drivers side LBJ replaced with 555
  • 2x SPC UBJ’s replaced
  • All rear suspension links replaced with OEM or SPC
  • Charcoal Canister filter and hoses (see known issues below)
  • OEM fuel cap
  • Finished replacement of all vacuum hoses in engine bay (started in 2019)
  • New Toyota Sway bar bushings
  • AHC Completely removed (including all globes, lines, pump, etc)
  • Front diff bushings replaced (excluding rear-most bushing)
  • New LC Steering Rack and tie rods
  • New SPC UCA’s
  • Toyota reconditioned rear brake calipers, rear rotors, DBA pads (pads could use replacement and rotors turned)
  • Replaced Toyota fuel filter
  • Replaced 8x NGK Spark Plugs and 8x Denso coil packs
  • New Radiator, hoses, and thermostat
  • Replaced most vacuum hoses in engine bay
  • Replaced PCV valve
  • Speakers R&R’d with new foam (sound great)
  • Replaced valve cover and tube gaskets
  • Replaced Heater T’s
  • Toyota steering fluid reservoir and low-pressure hoses
Aftermarket Parts/Accessories/Modifications
  • 5x Method 703’s with 5x 285 75 17 Toyo ATIII’s and apex valve stems (less than 1k miles on wheels/tires).
  • ARB Deluxe Front Bumper with Slee light pod housings, LED turn signals, rigid sae fogs
  • KC LED road legal driving lights
  • Sherpa 12K winch with synthetic and associated electrical work (fuse, cut off switch)
  • Slee Aluminum front skid
  • Slee Diff drop
  • Ironman LCA/Torsion Bar reinforcement brackets
  • OME Torsion Bars
  • SPC UCA’s
  • Dobinson’s IMS Shocks all around, extended travel in the front.
  • 4x Energy bumpstops (front)
  • Trail Tailor extended sway bar links (rears R&R’d in 2021)
  • Slee Step sliders
  • Bump it offroad high clearance rear bumper with spare tire swing out and custom bike rack – rear cross memeber removed for bumper install.
  • OME 863 Rear springs
  • Owl Expedition Tape deck accessory mount
  • Owl Expedition driver’s seat accessory mount
  • 3d printed switch for front KC lights in place of AHC switch
  • Weathertech floor mats
  • Blue Ridge Overland storage net
  • Rear Hatch Overhead LED work light
  • Misc Electrical Accessories and associated fuseblocks/wiring
  • OEM Clear marker lights
  • Custom wooden enclosure for lithium aux battery and fridge (planning to keep battery, fridge, and some electrical components, but everything is negotiable).
  • AGM X2 27F Starter Battery
  • Bluetooth adapter installed inline
Known Issues (other than steering issue detailed at top)
  • P0442 occasionally in warm weather. Could be the vent hoses that connect to the gas tank? All other rubber lines replaced.
  • Brake Master will need to be replaced and could be the source of the steering issues (just a guess). Perhaps related to ABS.
  • Rear Main seal – slow leak. Never need to top off oil. Was going to try AT205 but never got around to it.
  • Front CV’s are aftermarket and will need to be replaced eventually. I’ve been waiting for them to fail before addressing but they’ve held out.
  • Windshield trim bent and screws used during replacement prior to my ownership. No visible rust or leaks, but this should be addressed eventually.
  • Front seats leather are shotttt, but they are comfortable enough with seat covers.
  • Could use some fresh diff/tcase fluids
  • Front/Drivers side fender has some damage due to minor hit and run (while parked) in 2019.
  • Misc aesthetic flaws that come with a 20 year old land cruiser.
  • Front LCA bushings could be replaced.
  • I believe the vehicle was in a collision many years before my ownership, but I was never able to find a record besides a repainted drivers door and bondo’d/repainted driver’s fender. I didn’t bother to fix as this the vehicle was always meant to be used offroad and perfect paint wasn’t a priority.

Asking price $18,000 as it stands, negotiable if you don’t want any of the armor or accessories. I’m not willing to part it out at the moment. I really think this vehicle has many more years ahead of it and just needs the right person to fix the steering (abs?) issue and put together the final touches. Currently located in Denver, CO. Please let me know if you have any questions!

_DSF2367.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg

IMG_6450.jpeg

IMG_6451.jpeg

_DSF2373.jpeg

Sick rig. Love how well you’ve maintained it. Would totally grab this from you if I had the money. GLWS!

Bump - Make me an offer folks, I need this out of the garage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom