SOLD Denver. 1992 Toyota HDJ80. LHD 3X Locked. AC. A442f. 143K miles. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
blue
LHD 1992 HDJ80 with 1HD-T turbo-diesel with A442f hydraulic auto transmission. 143K miles (indicated). Originally imported from Germany in 1996 and stayed with that family until I found and purchased from the original owners son thanks to a Mud connection. Current title in hand - registered in Maryland but being stored in Colorado Springs.

• 1HD-T engine,
  • Non electrical, fully hydraulic automatic transmission
  • Triple Locked
  • 143K miles indicated (title says Not Actual Mileage - NAM) due to the MPH instrument cluster being swapped in ~ 1997 to facilitate PA federalization. Carfax show updated mileage since 2006 (~25K +and normal usage since then)
  • Factory functioning sunroof and power windows, power door locks.
  • No factory roof rack
  • Factory AC - was blowing cold prior to long-term storage, likely needs a recharge
  • No factory 3rd row (no mounting for this)
  • Factory suspension / springs (OME rear shocks new 2020)
  • LX450 wheel installed with Michelin defenders, solid condition.
  • Stereo works well but speakers are showing their age.
  • Timing belt was stated as replaced by previous owner but I have no documentation to prove this. New OEM kit included.
  • BEBs also have no definitive record of being done, new parts included
  • Minimal modifications to OEM condition other than the LX wheels, rear shocks and 1994 cloth brown seats.
  • New Interstate batteries ~2020
The truck was maintained at Tommy's Auto in West Chester PA from 2011-2020 lots of normal wear and other parts replaced :
  • new fuel filter
  • new air filter
  • Front / Rear discs and pads
  • new oil filter and oil change (using synthetic diesel)
  • new OEM Toy radiator and hoses
  • new belts - fan, ac.
  • The frame is solid and complete
  • the Lockers engage and work
  • Newer turbo back exhaust
  • it starts like a champ and gets (brace yourselves) better MPG that the manual versions - better final overdrive.
  • Dash is solid - no cracks or splits.
  • Most all the exterior window trim molding was replaced at some time
  • The dark grey blue paint is in good shape - the roof has some clear-coat issues starting.
Parts to be included:
  • OEM Water pump kit
  • OEM Tming belt kit
  • BEB bearing and con rod bolts from RADD Cruisers
  • Oil pan cutting tool + toyota FIP gasket
  • 2 X oil filters, Delo Oil
  • 4 factory coil springs + spacers from a very low mileage JDM HDJ81
  • LCA bushings - poly, pretty sure they are for an OME lift if the next owner chooses.

The easy story is I found this through another MUD member while I was stationed in the D.C. area. I drove it on and of to work on nice days, but otherwise it just chilled in my garage while I focused on my BJ45 and 200. I ended up selling the Troopy with efforts to re-focus on the 80. Life happened an I was sent back overseas so the truck went into indoor storage along with my Caldina in the Springs. They've been there for the last 2 years just chilling. I am now finally back home in Colorado, am retiring after 21 years from the Navy and about to start a new poistion with LM that will keep me fairly busy. I'll be on the hunt for a 100 series for my soon to be driving teenage daughters and between the 200 I have a feeling this bruiser will just continue to sit.

The not-so-good, bad, ugly and just general reasons you should avoid this terrible, 31 year old piece of crap altogether and buy yourself a Taco or GX:

• It spent a good bit of it's life in PA so there is some iron oxide (Fe²O³) in the usual areas of the dog-legs and axles. Pics tell the best story so happy to share all the photos i have on my drives so you can make a big-boy / big-girl decision on whether you can handle this or pass and just buy the RHD $35K rust free JDM version.
  • The sunroof opens and closes fine, but does rattle a bit when going over harsh bumps.
  • Driver rear window can be slow - need to be greased or reset.
  • No original interior front seats. I have the original blue /gray 2nd row, but the front seats were long gone and had some jenky recaro knock offs which I swapped for the 94 interior (all cloth - no tears).
  • The drive train was lubed but does have a clunk going from reverse to forward, due for some u-joint love.
  • Birfs could use a refresh and the bearings while your in there.
  • The only areas of rust are the driver quarter dog-leg (the worst) and the passanger quarter dog leg (minor, but starting).
  • The rear lower hatch has a dent in it. It closes, but it's stiff to shut it.

I'm all for capitalism but I won't bend over (even a little) to send this on to a flipper. Would love to see a Mud-bro take it and make is magic again. Not too many HDJ-80s CONUS (that didn't come from SA) I think the T-rex has some good potentail but if you want gut it for the drivetrain then that's your prerogative.

To reiterate, the car is in storage in the springs and not currently registered/plated in Colorado so lengthy test drive won't be an option at the moment.

Asking price is $14,789 FFP

Cheers and Mahalo!
Matthew

I'll load some pics shortly - serious buyers can contact via PM and I'll link you to a google drop with more pics and a cold start.

Mahalo ~ Matthew

20210926_163010.jpg

20210926_163129.jpg

20210926_163056(1).jpg

20210926_172437.jpg

20210926_163844.jpg

20210926_164409.jpg

20210926_164428.jpg

20210926_164523.jpg

Last edited:
VIN ID PLATE

20210926_164023.jpg

20210926_163917.jpg

20190518_181523.jpg

20190518_191341.jpg

20200711_133852.jpg

20201020_172035.jpg

20201210_141301.jpg

Last edited:
I’m calling it now and it’s only January, this is the best deal on MUD we’re going to see all year.

Sent a PM. Fantastic Vehicle. The right amount of used and enjoyed but still gorgeous

Thanks to all for the kind words and messages.

Deposit has been accepted, pending final payment/sale. I will keep everyone updated as it finalizes.

On the plus side, I won’t have to deal with that rust :)

Congrats to the buyer. We expect great things.
Clearly you dodged a bullet - huge pile of crap this one....

Screaming deal! Won’t last long.

Cheers
Maybe if I sell this, the Caldina and do some serious panhandling, I can snag that baller 105 project from you guys.

Sold! T-rex is headed to Texas.

Gone... And now to move along the other interloper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom