For Sale Denver: 1988 Ram 50 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
96k Original Miles, No Accidents, 4x4, 5 Speed $7500
I bought this truck not running and decided it was worth my time and investment to bring it back to life. Here is everything I have done to the truck:
New head along with all new cam and valvetrain. Head is a non jet valve head and has larger cooling passengers and more material to alleviate the downfalls of the stock head.
New Mitsubishi OEM graphite headgasket
New ARP head studs. ARP head studs have 5x more clamping force over the stock head bolts.
All new timing chain and sprockets for both the timing chain and balance shaft. Also, brand new chain guides.
New Melling oil pump
All new cooling system: water pump, thermostat, hoses, cap, and radiator.
New clutch and throwout bearing
Entire motor has been resealed from the rear main seal, to oil oil pan gasket, to the front main seal. Zero leaks.
New input and output shaft seals on the transmission
Brand new rebuilt driveshaft from Northern Drive Line which includes: all new u joints and center carrier bushing/bearing.
New Weber 32/36 carb installed (The real weber from Spain, not China)
Electric Carter low pressure electric fuel pump installed with new fuel pump relay and (No more mechanical fuel pump) new OEM style fuel filter.
Valves have been adjusted
All emissions equipment and vacuum lines removed. (Truck will not pass emissions test if your area requires one)
New ignition cap, rotor, spark plugs, and plug wires.
New front brake pads and rear brake cylinders.
New rear pinion seal
New rear diff fluid, front diff fluid, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid (correct fluid for the brass sycros), engine oil and filter, brake fluid, and coolant. Also, I used all new crush washers on all the fill and drain plugs. I used break in oil (higher zink content) on the initial start up and for a few miles. I've since changed the oil with Valvoline full synthetic.
5 new Goodyear AT tires with all new lug nuts
New drive belts
New wipers
New seat covers
New wiper stalk and blinker assembly
New Auto Guage Tachometer has been installed.
The engine was pulled and the entire work was done on an engine stand. The engine bay was cleaned and degreased and put back together beautifully. I am extremely picky on what parts I use and that torque specs are used. The truck needs nothing and is ready to go. The truck has easily another 200k miles of trouble free life left in her! I usually fix up 1 or 2 neat vehicles a year for a hobby. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this truck! I also have all the old parts that were taken off and will stay with the truck. The truck didn't need 3/4 of these parts, but did it all for good measure and it was accessible with the motor out. This is not a budget build.
Body is all original and in great shape! A tiny bit of rust on a small portion of the bed seams. The rust is very manageable if you want to take the truck to the next level. Zero rust on the frame or anywhere else.
Brian

20211006_170748.jpg

20211006_171219.jpg

20211006_171229.jpg

20211006_171240.jpg

20211006_171246.jpg

Last edited:
More pics

20211006_171430.jpg

20211006_171422.jpg

20211006_171415.jpg

20211006_171338.jpg