Dented my inner axle seal... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay well I dented my inner axle seal while installing it. Not sure if that's a first but I managed to do it. Should I run as is, try to bend dent out and use, or order a new one?

axle seal.jpg

New one. What were you using to install it?

Someone really needs to make a dedicated tool to prevent this from happening.
You're f'n shameless, you know that don't you... :grinpimp:

Someone really needs to make a dedicated tool to prevent this from happening.
Lol. I should report your post for smart-assery.

I used my Wits End seal installer last week. Worked like a charm!

You can also just borrow a "loaner" driver set from Autozone for free: OEMTOOLS Bearing and Race Installer. If you have reasonable skills it should work fine. Just use a driver that is a little bigger than the seal bore and drive the seal in until the driver hits the outside lip, which will make the seal flush. But if you need to overdrive the seal due to a groove on the birfield then by all means get the special tool.

Last edited:
I'll say it for NLXTACY: The Wits End seal driver pushes the OEM seal a bit deeper than regular seal installers, so the lips of the new seal don't ride in the same place (or groove) as the prior seal(s), which helps prevent premature leaks.

BTW, where can I find that poster??

I'll say it for NLXTACY: The Wits End seal driver pushes the OEM seal a bit deeper than regular seal installers, so the lips of the new seal don't ride in the same place (or groove) as the prior seal(s), which helps prevent premature leaks.

BTW, where can I find that poster??

Easy assumption would be on the same site. Btw that poster is a must have item, get the tshirt while you are at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom