dent puller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi , i crashed the work van and bought a brand new dent puller machine from a seller company. Problem is ive never used one and to me it doesnt work, well it doesnt attach its self strong enough.
heres the offending tool. its a pro230, does everything except help me.

ive already complained to the reseller of the tool that its not good enough.
But its a top machine though.

heres my handy work on the highway
IMG_20180331_155748.jpg

I did a 360 on ice and hit the back aswell.
In this pic i tried so many times to pull the panel but the weld keeps breaking.
If the puller cant do the little crease at the back , then the front is a lost cause.
IMG_20180404_151628.jpg

That's one of the most bad ass tools I've ever seen!!!

I would guess you need clean steel, and more attachments to pull on.

Seems like an updated stud welder. Do you have a good, clean ground?

Looking at the crease across the back, I'd be using a series of those rings they show in the video. You're not going to pull that crease out with just a single attachment. Personally, I'd be working that with a hammer and dolly.

took the advice here and tried to use the washers, turns out that there was a second frame arrangement behind the top panel so i got out the drill and did a samwich jig.
IMG_20180409_172257.jpg
IMG_20180411_154751.jpg
IMG_20180411_164825.jpg

Those sorts of tools are used more for "popping" out a dent with a slide hammer. Once you have a crease or significant metal movement, you're pretty much back to hammer and dolly work - or even cutting and patching.

you can see the van has been fixed on the left side front before, its different to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom